Brisa Smoothing Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harpot

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering if the birsa smoothing gel can be used on it's own underneath shellac? I don't do gels or acrylics just shellac, manis & pedis so I've no idea in this area. Is it just painted on & cured or is it sculpted in some way. Pardon my ignorance😀I have just seen a lot of you guys mentioning that you put it underneath shellac to improve wearability.

Smoothing gel is amazing. You use the brisa light base coat, same 10 second cure time, brisa smoothing gel cured 2 mins the follow with 2 coats shellac and top coat. It can also be worn alone. This has been a life saver in my salon. I have a lot of clients with soft nails that break easily or have ridges. I also wear this so I can get longer wear out of my shellac.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek mobile app

Also, you just use a gel brush and brush it on, similar to polishing but different because it does have a gel consistency. I hope this helped!

Thanks for your reply😃 does it need to buffed etc & do u you to apply shellac base coat after you put the smoothing gel on before you apply shellac? Also does it take longer then to remove shellac when smoothing gel is on the nails?
For some of my clients who have issues with longevity I have been using 2 coats of topcoat & it's obviously using up my topcoat quicker.

Yes smoothing gel is lovely I use this all the time and my clients love it x

CND Master painter

No you do not buff the nails. You don't need to use the shellac base coat. Steps are: 1. Pep the nails 2 apply brisa lite base coat cure 10 sec. 3. Apply smoothing gel, cure 2 mins. 4. Two coats of color shellac, cure 2 mins each coat. 5. Use shellac top coat, cure 2 mins.
It is just a different base and an extra step compared to the regular shellac process. CND.com has a lot of great educational videos that they post on YouTube.

They recommend 15 minutes for removal.

Does anyone know what brisa smoothing or sculpting is like compared to bio clear in strength ?

Latest posts

Back