Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its unusual that none of the CND pro's have been on to explain.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My CND lamp broke too only after about a couple of hours use. So I bought 2 of the edge lamps, 1,2,3 min timer and only cost £50 each.

I still need to get my CND lamp repaired though. The one side of the machine has stopped working altogether.

You say one side doesn't work, did one of the 3 power lights on the top of the machine go out? This is exactly what happened to the OP. My left light is flickering so I'm worried mines on its way out also but S2 said it doesn't mean anything?!

I've been trying to book onto a Shellac course and obv can't without the kit.

No real idea as to when the lamps are coming in (I assume the lamps are the reason for no kits?!) And S2 just say 'hopefully in a couple of weeks'. They've been saying that for ages now.

I'm gonna stick it out and wait but I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing if these lamps aren't too reliable?!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

As I'm here, perhaps I can tell you some of what I know to be the situation.

S2 have sold tens of thousands of CND UV lamps with very few problems and always have a more than adequate supply ... UNLESS THERE IS A FAULTY BATCH ...

There has been a faulty batch .. of course there has ... and all the lamps have been removed from stock as anyone would sensibly do as we obviously do not want to inconvenience/piss off any more customers by selling them anything faulty (and you can't tell they are faulty by giving them a quick test as the fault has happened hours days months later). If some of you have been one of the unlucky ones then of course your warranty will be honoured by S2 when the new lamps arrive. It goes without saying that S2 as the distributors are gutted to be in this situation and feel dreadful on your behalf and frankly pretty helpless too as we are in other's hands. I do know we have been on it as fast as we could have been.

I am told the fault has been sourced and now rectified and I do know that there are thousands more on the way to the UK .... China is a long way away and it takes a while (which it has done) but the end is in sight. NO I cannot tell you the day the shipment will arrive (nor would I if I knew because then it would annoy people even more if something delayed it like customs, weather, etc) but you will be sure to hear it loud and clear when they do :). I do know they are en route .. on the high seas ... and maybe they have already landed in the USA .. which means they will soon be on the way to the UK (specially adapted for our 240 volt electricity .. which is another thing). Shipping and receiving is a long process and although we plan for disasters by carrying a huge stock of core things, it soon runs out when the process gets interrupted.

That is really all I can tell you. Up until this disaster, the UV lamps have been pretty reliable for 90% of users. I, thank God, have never had a faulty one in 5 years nor have any of the people I have supplied with them. It's great when all is normal ... but this has been abnormal and a horrific situation for us all. We are more than sorry that some of you are going through it. But it is best to wait and get it put right, than to send out something faulty that just pisses people off on every level. Agreed?

As I'm here, perhaps I can tell you some of what I know to be the situation.

S2 have sold tens of thousands of CND UV lamps with very few problems and always have a more than adequate supply ... UNLESS THERE IS A FAULTY BATCH ...

There has been a faulty batch .. of course there has ... and all the lamps have been removed from stock as anyone would sensibly do as we obviously do not want to inconvenience/piss off any more customers by selling them anything faulty (and you can't tell they are faulty by giving them a quick test as the fault has happened hours days months later). If some of you have been one of the unlucky ones then of course your warranty will be honoured by S2 when the new lamps arrive. It goes without saying that S2 as the distributors are gutted to be in this situation and feel dreadful on your behalf and frankly pretty helpless too as we are in other's hands. I do know we have been on it as fast as we could have been.

I am told the fault has been sourced and now rectified and I do know that there are thousands more on the way to the UK .... China is a long way away and it takes a while (which it has done) but the end is in sight. NO I cannot tell you the day the shipment will arrive (nor would I if I knew because then it would annoy people even more if something delayed it like customs, weather, etc) but you will be sure to hear it loud and clear when they do :). I do know they are en route .. on the high seas ... and maybe they have already landed in the USA .. which means they will soon be on the way to the UK (specially adapted for our 240 volt electricity .. which is another thing). Shipping and receiving is a long process and although we plan for disasters by carrying a huge stock of core things, it soon runs out when the process gets interrupted.

That is really all I can tell you. Up until this disaster, the UV lamps have been pretty reliable for 90% of users. I, thank God, have never had a faulty one in 5 years nor have any of the people I have supplied with them. It's great when all is normal ... but this has been abnormal and a horrific situation for us all. We are more than sorry that some of you are going through it. But it is best to wait and get it put right, than to send out something faulty that just pisses people off on every level. Agreed?

I think it was a bad call not to release this information earlier but other than that sounds like S2 are doing everything that is in their control (not much) to rectify the situation. It is a very unfortunate set of circumstances. Thank you for adding some clarity geeg.

It does reveal being an exclusive Shellac tech as a vunerable position to be in, as you are reliant on an overseas supply chain out of your control (and S2s).

Food for thought. It is worth perhaps adding a gel polish line or at least being set up to do that quickly (ie register for an account + familiarise yourself with application protocol). That is the only real option to those techs who are completely stuck without a cnd lamp. Alternatives are just closing down their business or operating outside of their insurance/putting their clients at risk.

I think it was a bad call not to release this information earlier but other than that sounds like S2 are doing everything that is in their control (not much) to rectify the situation. It is a very unfortunate set of circumstances. Thank you for adding some clarity geeg.

It does reveal being an exclusive Shellac tech as a vunerable position to be in, as you are reliant on an overseas supply chain out of your control (and S2s).

Food for thought. It is worth perhaps adding a gel polish line or at least being set up to do that quickly (ie register for an account + familiarise yourself with application protocol). That is the only real option to those techs who are completely stuck without a cnd lamp. Alternatives are just closing down their business or operating outside of their insurance/putting their clients at risk.

I agree it was a bad call not to offer this information. I rang S2 this morning & was just told they were out of stock & would be in in a few weeks. I was not given a full explanation as Geeg has just done.
I also agree with the problem of being an exclusive shellac tech as I am now completely stuck.
I am investing in another system today as I have no other choice except giving up work & letting all my clients down for a few weeks. I simply cannot wait until the lamp is back in stock.
I would like to know exactly what the fault is as well, as my lamp is not under warranty, but if the fault lies with the manufacturer then it should be replaced. I would expect to get more than 110 hours out of an expensive lamp!!

I agree it was a bad call not to offer this information. I rang S2 this morning & was just told they were out of stock & would be in in a few weeks. I was not given a full explanation as Geeg has just done.
I also agree with the problem of being an exclusive shellac tech as I am now completely stuck.
I am investing in another system today as I have no other choice except giving up work & letting all my clients down for a few weeks. I simply cannot wait until the lamp is back in stock.
I would like to know exactly what the fault is as well, as my lamp is not under warranty, but if the fault lies with the manufacturer then it should be replaced. I would expect to get more than 110 hours out of an expensive lamp!!

Try Gelish, you can get it at Sally's.

I feel for those of you who are without your lamps, I have been there so I know how you feel BUT at the same time it is one of those unfortunate things that could happen to anyone and any brand/ company...the fact that shellac is so popular just makes it seem far worse. No different to when we are at the beauty shows queuing for hours at s2 stand where as just about every other stand you could just walk straight on.

Why not use this time to promote the other services that you offer like manicures with vinylux, even do a promotion on it. When you do get your CNd lamp back hopefully clients will love the manicure side and want add on services to their shellac treatment. Great marketing is key to how your business survives in this unfortunate incident.

Feel free to try other brands of course, I have, I did and what a waste of money that was!! The reason I now have two CNd lamps and will probably invest in a third just for toes!! Then I'll always have a back up! As for me it's shellac all the way, I love the product, don't know what I did without it!

S2 I'm sure are doing everything they can and I can only imagine how gutted the sweets are feeling that this has happened as they are a company who cares and want us all to do well.

I feel for those of you who are without your lamps, I have been there so I know how you feel BUT at the same time it is one of those unfortunate things that could happen to anyone and any brand/ company...the fact that shellac is so popular just makes it seem far worse. No different to when we are at the beauty shows queuing for hours at s2 stand where as just about every other stand you could just walk straight on.

Why not use this time to promote the other services that you offer like manicures with vinylux, even do a promotion on it. When you do get your CNd lamp back hopefully clients will love the manicure side and want add on services to their shellac treatment. Great marketing is key to how your business survives in this unfortunate incident.

Feel free to try other brands of course, I have, I did and what a waste of money that was!! The reason I now have two CNd lamps and will probably invest in a third just for toes!! Then I'll always have a back up! As for me it's shellac all the way, I love the product, don't know what I did without it!

S2 I'm sure are doing everything they can and I can only imagine how gutted the sweets are feeling that this has happened as they are a company who cares and want us all to do well.

I dont offer anything else any more....just shellac & nail art. My clients want a polish that lasts 2 weeks. Also, its not viable as a mobile to offer a vinylux polish as I have a minimum spend to cover petrol etc.
I simply cannot wait a few weeks for a lamp as I would be out of business. I was off a lot last
year as I had breast cancer & have just built up my clients again, I cannot now tell them 'sorry I have no lamp so can you get it done elsewhere until they are back in stock & then come back to me'. Its so unprofessional.
I know a faklt cannot be helped, but on the other hand I need to make a living & I cant do that with no lamp.

Last edited:
I dont offer anything else any more....just shellac & nail art. My clients want a polish that lasts 2 weeks. Also, its not viable as a mobile to offer a vinylux polish as I have a minimum spend to cover petrol etc.
I simply cannot wait a few weeks for a lamp as I would be out of business. I was off a lot last
year as I had breast cancer & have just built up my clients again, I cannot now tell them 'sorry I have no lamp so can you get it done elsewhere until they are back in stock & then come back to me'. Its so unprofessional.
I know a fauklt cannot be helped, but on the other hand I need to make a living & I cant do that with no lamp.

I don't blame you at all. You need to do what's right for you and your business. I feel bad for s2, they are a fab company to deal with and far better than the service I get with Harmony. I wish you luck and I hope, for all of you caught in the middle of this, that it doesn't impact you too badly xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Just a quick question. ....I got my lamp about 3 months ago, is there any way of knowing if this is from the faulty batch?

It has turned off once mid service but I just assumed I hadnt plugged the cable in fully, since then, touch wood I've had no issues but would obviously like to pre empt any problems.

I wonder if my lamp is from the faulty batch, whether it will be replaced before anything goes wrong?

I feel for S2 here as it's not their fault yet a quick Google on faulty lamps usually mentions them. I hope it doesn't tarnish their name and that once this unforeseen problem has been sorted, they retain their customers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would suspect that they can most definitely tell you if your lamp is in the faulty batch by the serial number. They really should be doing a product recall. It sounds dangerous. Anything electric and faulty is dangerous.

Our fridge was recalled 2 years ago due to a fault and they contacted us to replace it. We had no idea. It was out of warranty too. I don't think they wanted fridges blowing up and having law suits against them. CND should be doing the same with their faulty lamps.

Would I be able to buy the shellac starter kit with the lamp from ellisons and then book the shellac course with CND been as there kits are out of stock

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would suspect that they can most definitely tell you if your lamp is in the faulty batch by the serial number. They really should be doing a product recall. It sounds dangerous. Anything electric and faulty is dangerous.

Our fridge was recalled 2 years ago due to a fault and they contacted us to replace it. We had no idea. It was out of warranty too. I don't think they wanted fridges blowing up and having law suits against them. CND should be doing the same with their faulty lamps.

Great thanks. I might give them a quick call tomorrow to check

Would I be able to buy the shellac starter kit with the lamp from ellisons and then book the shellac course with CND been as there kits are out of stock

That thought crossed my mind too but, surely the Ellison's lamps could possibly be faulty too?

I'd prefer to wait for S2 than risk a faulty one

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think Ellisons are out of stock too.

I enquired at ellisons today and they have them in stock I just didn't know if I could do that

I enquired at ellisons today and they have them in stock I just didn't know if I could do that

Ring them and find out. I don't see why not. Surely they want to still sell their courses?

Yes I think I will do and I will let you all know then

Great thanks. I might give them a quick call tomorrow to check

I brought my second lamp at the end of September but as it's my spare I've not used it that much but I might give S2 a call and see what they say, but I have to say my first lamp has been fab x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back