Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to S2 this morning & they said ellisons have no lamps either....you cannot buy one in the UK at the moment, thats what I was told today by S2.

Not much help I know but I'm in warwickshire and have a spare lamp if anyone needs to borrow it x

That's really nice of you I am going to have to wait because I need the starter kit.
I'm in Nuneaton btw :)

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just spoken to S2, they can't tell whether the lamp is faulty or not as not all of the lamps have gone on to develop a fault. So fingers crossed it will be ok

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If it's a common fault, won't they have batch numbers n be able to track them that way?
Mines over 2yrs old but has had a bulb fault for ages, was just out of warranty when it developed it. I'm not currently working so I muddle through for myself by curing with my head at lamp height lol

Just spoken to S2, they can't tell whether the lamp is faulty or not as not all of the lamps have gone on to develop a fault. So fingers crossed it will be ok

A faulty batch doesn't mean every lamp will develop the fault. Every lamp in the batch should be recalled. I'm disgusted at S2 over this. Was thinking of getting another CND lamp, now I don't think I will.

gone on to develop a fault yet.....

If there is a faulty 'batch' as geeg said then the effected serial numbers will be known.

Actually I don't think it is acceptable that they are keeping quiet and just leaving it to chance when/if these lamps develop faults, especially as the warranty period is quite short. What if you lamp fails just after a year? Or you have hardly used it but kept as spare (quite a few CND techs seem to keep a spare) so it may be faulty but you haven't found out yet.

There is an admitted fault, replacements should be offered. Put it this way, the fault is serious + widespread enough for S2 to return all their stock to CND before the replacements arrived.

gone on to develop a fault yet.....

If there is a faulty 'batch' as geeg said then the effected serial numbers will be known.

Actually I don't think it is acceptable that they are keeping quiet and just leaving it to chance when/if these lamps develop faults, especially as the warranty period is quite short. What if you lamp fails just after a year? Or you have hardly used it but kept as spare (quite a few CND techs seem to keep a spare) so it may be faulty but you haven't found out yet.

There is an admitted fault, replacements should be offered. Put it this way, the fault is serious + widespread enough for S2 to return all their stock to CND before the replacements arrived.

couldn't agree more! and as cnd insist no other lamp works for shellac, the lack of a solution from them is very poor customer service. they have such devoted customers too, its a real shame.
im going to buy a back up uv lamp and stock gelish too. not sure they deserve my loyalty any longer.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Following this thread, although I am not a CND girl and don't use their lamp, I find this very disturbing. These are electrical products. An electrical product with the chance of developing a fault is extremely dangerous to say the least. My husband is an electrical engineer. He is constantly on about the dangers of faulty products. A faulty batch by any manufacturer should be immediately recalled. I am not scare mongering here. I just feel this is extremely irresponsible. The whole batch should be recalled, whether some are faulty or not. Customers who were sold this faulty batch should be contacted. Just like they did with my fridge. It wasn't proven that my fridge was faulty but it was in the batch so it had to go. Immediately. :eek:

Hmmmm I have to say that I just accepted their explanation, a bit too easily I fear. Some very valid points have been made.
I think I'll email them and ask if I can be offered a replacement, if my lamp was from the faulty batch (it still might not be of course). Where is the serial number? I can't for the life of me find it on the sticker on the lamp!

I think a list of serial numbers for ALL lamps from the affected batches should be published!
Those lamps should ALL then be replaced free of charge.
A discretionary % discount should then be offered to those affected, BY CND!
This may go someway towards repairing the lack of support people are now feeling towards CND & their products.
Although I bet S2 are under some kind of contractual 'silence' order from CND.
Hope this gets sorted soon before the damage to S2's reputation is irreparable!

Their lack of comment speaks volumes.

I have a feeling mine is part of the faulty batch as well. :-(

So far I've been lucky!

Last edited:
your kidding, why do you think ...?

Katie, It went off the other day for no apparent reason and it refused to turn back on for a good few minutes!

I unplugged it and everything waited a bit and then it started up! I bought it a few months ago- November - around the same time as a few of the others as well! I'm considering requesting an exchange.

I think if you have an issue or worry then you should speak to Sweet Squared, if your not happy with what your told you can always ask to speak to someone else.

I have 3 lamps, one since launch in 2010, one bought 2012ish and another bought last year and all are fine and very well used so if your lamps working fine then its not worth worrying over 'what ifs'.

I think if you have an issue or worry then you should speak to Sweet Squared, if your not happy with what your told you can always ask to speak to someone else.

I have 3 lamps, one since launch in 2010, one bought 2012ish and another bought last year and all are fine and very well used so if your lamps working fine then its not worth worrying over 'what ifs'.

That's all well and good but it doesn't relate to the present situation in which there is a faulty batch and s2 have sent back all their lamps. An "i'm alright Jack" attitude isn't going to go down to well with those whose businesses are now suffering.

Katie, It went off the other day for no apparent reason and it refused to turn back on for a good few minutes!

I unplugged it and everything waited a bit and then it started up! I bought it a few months ago- November - around the same time as a few of the others as well! I'm considering requesting an exchange.

Exactly when I bought mine and had the same problem but only once so hoping I just hadn't pushed the cable in far enough.

I just asked and was told that not all the lamps are faulty and as mine is currently working, I would only get a new one issued as and when something goes wrong, and that the old one would be sent for testing.

Unfortunately I don't think anything will be done about lamps purchased at the same time as faulty ones

That's all well and good but it doesn't relate to the present situation in which there is a faulty batch and s2 have sent back all their lamps. An "i'm alright Jack" attitude isn't going to go down to well with those whose businesses are now suffering.

I fully agree, I would be really really upset if I depended fully on my lamp and it broke and there was no future info on when a replacement would be offered! Shellac is a high earning service for most people. A few days wait is acceptable but it's been weeks! I feel it for people honestly as it's their livelihood - kids gotta eat, rent/mortgages needs to be paid!

Exactly when I bought mine and had the same problem but only once so hoping I just hadn't pushed the cable in far enough.

I just asked and was told that not all the lamps are faulty and as mine is currently working, I would only get a new one issued as and when something goes wrong, and that the old one would be sent for testing.

Unfortunately I don't think anything will be done about lamps purchased at the same time as faulty ones

Maybe I didn't push the wire in fully either? I did push it in and check it but the lamp refused point blankly to come on though!
Hope it was just a one off?!

What im saying is that not everyone is having problems and as someone who has had a range of lamps from different time frames its clear that it isnt just a case of if you bought it at a certain time it'll be faulty.
So those that are not having problems should not presume they will- worrying will do no good. Contact S2 IF worried rather then what-iffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back