Broken nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fei

Reaction score
Hello!i want your opinion for this..I put gel soak off (ibd creative)on my nails and my sisters nails.i remove it with foils,cotton and acetone (that I bought it from a store who sells paints for walls)the total time that i live them in foils it was one hour cause gel didnt remove easy.after 2days from removal my sisters 3nails they broken near by the nail plate and also 2 of my nails they tear in nail plate and this is painful!can u tell me what was wrong?the acetone from the store?thank you.

I dont mean to be rude but why are you using acetone from somewhere that sells paint??

As for your problem, yes it could have been as i imagine whatever it was you used is not intended for the removal of gel from nails!! The nails may have become very dehydrated, also if the nails were weakened by over buffing etc. this could cause them to break!!

I cant comment on ibd as i dont use it but i dont know of any gel system that takes an hour to soak off.. Also if you have trained in gel they should have shown you how to correctly remove it!!

I don't want to sound rude too, but I'm sure any fully qualified nail professional wouldnt buy acetone designed for enhancement removal from a DIY store.

Are you trained to apply gel?
If not I don't think anyone here will give you advice I'm afraid.

Are you a professional or a consumer seeking help?

You do not ever use industrial acetone for removing nail products ... no wonder your nails are brittle, dehydrated and breaking.

My advice would be to seek a professional and "leave the driving to US!".

I have recently done training in gel polish. My tutor explained to us whatever make you buy ie ibd they also sell the solution to soak off the gel.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thank you for your opinions.first of all I'm not a professional I'm in the beggining to doing lessons for artificial nails.so I bought clear acetone from this kind of store cause when A friend worked as manicurist in a salon they used acetone that they bought it from a store like this cause it was cheaper!so I didn't know that was wrong...but now I know!thank you all of you.

Latest posts

Back