Brow tint and home gradual tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi folks I had a client today who's brows I have been doing for nearly a year no problem, today I noticed they had gone a little gingery looking! She said she had used a tan last night but it wasn't noticeable that she had tanned. Would this have caused this? It's the same tint I used as always. Thanks x

yes it does that, if its not applied properly it can make it look like its ALL on the eyebrows and the face is pale in comparison Lol

yes it does that, if its not applied properly it can make it look like its ALL on the eyebrows and the face is pale in comparison Lol

She said she didn't use it on brows but I can't think why else that would happen? Said I was trying to blame her for something that was my fault :( wasn't happy with shape either but didn't say at appt did offer to fix what ever she wasn't happy with but says she's going elsewhere. I was actually in tears not used to having complaints took it a bit too heart I suppose x

No you did nothing wrong it was definitely the tan it can make the hair go gingery or green. I advise clients to avoid tanning 48hours either side of tinting xxx

Bit strange leaving you after a year when it's not your fault?! Must like your previous treatments to have come back to you! Don't take it to heart hun x

You don't have to apply it directly on the eyebrows for it to take, she could have applied it roundabout then rubbed it in lol, it turns hair orange and is very hard to get out.
The fact that she didn't raise any concerns about the shape at the app and she has had same thing for ages suggests she was just trying to hurt you because she felt foolish.

Thanks ladies I was really shocked by the text to be honest! Never had any negative feedback before. She also said I was really rude, I had jokingly said when I had a look when she stood up that I could smell the tan (as I could!), looking back perhaps this was unprofessional behaviour :/ but I didn't mean it in a nasty way at all. I hadn't known there was any tan on I always advise atleast 24hrs after for tan and most folk have a tan if the skin was waxed they would have white bits but glad to know this for future reference. And perhaps keep my big mouth shut too :o x

Oh yes I made this mistake :/ ginger brows for days they were like tango orange lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just as a precaution, I would recommend writing an incident report and detailing everything you can think of while it's still fresh in your mind and attaching it to her client record.

It sounds simply like she just feels foolish and you are on the receiving end.

I'd probably be over nice and offer her next one foc as a gesture. If she doesn't come to you then I would sack her off and forget it. I tan someone who has her eyebrows done elsewhere and she always asks for abut of barrier cream before the tan as she knows it makes her brows look ginger. Personally my brows do go red on the skin if I don't mix in grey tint with the brown

My little cousin did this Sarah I specifically told her not to tan and she did hey presto ginge brows lol
Yeah perhaps she did, I felt awful I'm a nice person I would never intentionally upset anyone wee lesson learned there!
Lala what tint do you use? I use refectocil it doesn't seem to go warm at all but have heard colour well does x

Hi Sarah. I have just ordered some Refectocil actually after hearing all the good reviews of it on here. I currently use Strictly Professional and have used others in the past.

Think you'll like it ;) x

Latest posts

Back