Brown to Blonde using BlondeMe

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
Hiya
Im not a hair pro but a beauty pro.
My hair was bleached using Wella Blondor and then I have went a chocolate brown colour.
As I decided I now wanted to go back to blonde we ( I work in a hair salon) started by putting some caramel and blonde highlights through to break up my colour just now. And the plan was to keep getting full head of highlights to eventually end up all blonde.
I wasnt all that happy to spend about 6 months to go back to blonde but was told this was the safest way.

Then I had a client in today and she commented on my hair and explained the situation to her. (she was a hairdresser btw)
She said a few weeks ago she was dark brown and now full head blonde. I asked how it was done and she said Blonde Me by schwarzkopf. And it was done over 2 sessions in one week to achieve it. Her hair was so soft and shiny and I wouldnt of guessed bleach was used twice on her hair in one week.

Does this work? I spoke to the girls and they havnt used this product before so I thought I would ask here to see if it would be ok to use on my hair.

She also mentioned it comes in different shades so which would be best to use to achieve bleach look effect but not white which the Blondor gives

Thanks!

When i went from red to blonde i used this (i am no way a hair pro) i used 20 vol and it trashed my hair like all bleach does, i would never do it again, if you need it doing go to a salon as i would hate for your hair to snap off near the roots like mine did, i stayed blonde for a couple of years but the damage it does was just too much so ive got back to red and i love it, give my hair chance to grow the bleach out :D

I work in a hair salon so I dont do my hair myself the girls do. And it will be them doing my hair again but its just they havnt used this product someone recomended so I wanted to see what others thought of it and if its worthwhile investing in it to use on my hair.
Or whether its best to stick to the method we are doing just now with just building up the colour with highlights.

Hiya,

I've never personally used blonde me but I've heard people say it stings their scalp when it's on.

Doing a full head bleach can be unpredictable, look yellow, have no tones in, and not very flattering and can be very damaging. You can only really bleach over it once before your hair starts snapping.

I think your best carrying on with the hilights, it will be worth it in the end when you have a nice tonal blonde with minimal damage.

Latest posts

Back