Bruising when waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anettes

Reaction score
A litle stupid question....
I did my waxing training in January and just started.
While training brazilian I did not stretch enough and bruised the girl a bit which my trainer explained can happen if you dont stretch and so on and as it was while training the girl was ok
But all do it has not happend yet I am thinking about if it would to happen again what do you normally say to client ?
I really always stretch but you never know :rolleyes:

Maybe go back and have some more training or speak to your trainer and ask for some advice on what you could be doing wrong, maybe ur not pulling in the right place? If your not strectching the area enough ur going to bruise every client.......have you had any very willing guinea pigs? If you can get some people to practice on and have another bash at it and see if theres anything that you could do to prevent from bruising, as we all know bruising shouldnt happen when waxing a client and could lead to a very sticky situation :) sometimes it can b a case of not enough practice, but again maybe its just ur not pulling in the right place/tight enough, especially with it being in a very sensitive place you got to b careful lol dont let it knock you down, we all have some things that take us a while to grasp :) x <3 x

I've occasionally bruised when with a newly qualified technician, even though i also help stretch in the right places due to my own beauty therapy training.

I think it can also depend on the speed to which you pull the strip/wax off, too slowly & you risk damaging the skin.

Also depends on your clients skin, mine is very sensitive & even with an experienced therapist, i will always have patches of very light spotting where the hair has been taken out of the follicles.

So if the wax isn't removed quickly enough/good grip/skin taught, i will always bruise.

Hiya, this is almost always a training issue, even with clients who have very sensitive skin.
I definitely think the age old saying 'Practice makes perfect' is very fitting for this situation.
When starting out with waxing it takes a while for you to get your 'flow', and by this I mean where you are confident and efficient with any client no matter what hair or skin type they have, please don't panic though, I honestly think it is the hardest skill as a beauty therapist to master.

I would always recommend formal training I.e Advanced waxing or Intimate waxing qualifications and by using the best products you can afford. As a lot of people would disagree saying that if you are a good waxer you can use any product, I really think that if you are using a poor quality product it can stick to the skin and not the hairs and not be strong enough to detach the hair from the roots meaning that you end up breaking the hair as opposed to pulling it directly from the root.

Also, by gaining formal qualifications, you get the 'tricks of the trade' and also learn how to carry out the treatment in the quickest, and least painful (for the client) way of working. Positioning of the client makes the world of difference, not just the stretching.

With all this in mind and with lots of practice I am sure you will make a fantastic waxer and gain a huge following of loyal clients!!
;)

Hiya, my tips are:
1. When doing bikini line have the bed almost flat so they are lying down (this way no skin in scrunched up
2. Bring the leg up nice and high
3. Get them to hold in the intemate areas for you and stretch with both hands (tell them the more they stretch the better as it will be less painful)
4. You stretch with the other hand
5. Do small areas at a time
6. Pull the wax strip across not up and nice and quickly!

Hope that helps

Kind regards
Ruth Smith x

Could not agree more. Using quality product in either Warm Waxing or Hot Waxing is paramount. If you have great training AND using great product your clients will come back to you but more importantly recommend you. Good Training, Lots of Practise & High Quality Waxing Products, is our mantra to all of our students.

A litle stupid question....
I did my waxing training in January and just started.
While training brazilian I did not stretch enough and bruised the girl a bit which my trainer explained can happen if you dont stretch and so on and as it was while training the girl was ok
But all do it has not happend yet I am thinking about if it would to happen again what do you normally say to client ?
I really always stretch but you never know :rolleyes:

Hi Anettes.

Even the best therapist can have the odd slip up. If you do bruise someone just say "sorry but the wax didn't come off as it should have just there and you may get a small bruise" and give after care advice. Don't say "OMG I'm sorry - it's all my fault and your treatment is free!" It's a risk that people take when they get waxed (obviously do your best not to bruise someone - you do want them to come back!)

btw I bruised a guy on my training too - right behind his armpit. Good time to learn the things you shouldn't do as the models know you are in training and you don't get the blame!!

Hi Anettes.

Even the best therapist can have the odd slip up. If you do bruise someone just say "sorry but the wax didn't come off as it should have just there and you may get a small bruise" and give after care advice. Don't say "OMG I'm sorry - it's all my fault and your treatment is free!" It's a risk that people take when they get waxed (obviously do your best not to bruise someone - you do want them to come back!)

btw I bruised a guy on my training too - right behind his armpit. Good time to learn the things you shouldn't do as the models know you are in training and you don't get the blame!!

Thanks ;)
As I said it only happend one time while in training and as it was the "model" I feelt bad but not SOOO bad
And now when I have "real" clients the idea of it to happen again got me nervous ......but after reading all of your replies I feel so much better :lol:

Latest posts

Back