Brunette to dark blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overthinker

Reaction score
So I have a client who is a level 5 natural base wanting to go to a level 8 blonde.. technically speaking using say a 8.12 with 9% should lift it light enough, but previous experience with using tint to lift brown to a blonde has not lifted well enough so I am doubting this slightly!!

Does she want to be a warm level 8 or a cool level 8?

Preferably on the cooler side but I have warned that it will probably be slightly golden

Hm could you not bleach and tone or highlight and tone? I always revert to lightener when they want cool tones. I just never really trust tint fully on dark hair if they want cool tones. Or do a test strand so she can see how it comes out?

I would probably hilight and then tone to an 8 after, sometimes lifting with tints can go very gingery!!

I am a level 4 and i use 7.1 9vol on my hair and you should see how warm it is.

come out like a 7.4 on my hair.
I know your client is a 5. What I am saying is that it will come out too warm if your client wants a cool dark blonde. Like the other girls suggest tint dark to light isnt the best choice when wanting cooler tones. Better with bleach

Yes it's possible to lift from a 5 - 8 with tony but will be very warm and even brassy try using a double ash

Thanks guys I did think about bleach and tone but just doing that every time seemed really long [emoji23]

It is a chore but think of the money [emoji23]

Yeah true [emoji23]think il suggest highlights actually that way will be better for her regrowth! Had a mental block there

Good idea hope it goes well!

Latest posts

Back