Bubbly Acrylic.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thg

Reaction score
Hi
I wonder if anybody can help me.
I'v been a avid lover of nails for the last few year.
i did my training with magnetic in 06. and have been perfecting the art of nails ever since.
Decided i wanted to go to college , and am now at the assessment stage of my nail course. we are all using spa nsi, which is awful, after using magnetic,The teacher said you have to put the acrylic on quite dry. but i seem to be getting tiny little air bubbles in the acrylic, and now it seems to be happening with my magnetic,
anyone out there have any explaination to this.
advice would be very much appreciated.thanks thg:cry:

Hi Love, there are a few reasons that you get air bubbles in your acrylic. First I want to address your mix ratio - traditional acrylics work with a 2-1 ratio - 2 parts liquid one part powder. If you put it on too dry it will cause breakage and lifting, if you put it on too wet you can cause over exposure and it will lower the enhancements durability.

If you are getting air bubbles, your consistency may be too wet. I used to get bubbles all the time and what I do now to combat that is

1) when I pick up my ball I count to three before applying it to the nail.

2) once it is on the nail I count to three before I start to work the product. This allows the product to start to spread out and any bubbles in it are released.

This has eliminated all of the air bubble issues - that and proper consistency will almost always eliminate this issue!

Hope this helps!

thanks for your help. yes i think your dead right.
I think what's happened to me is. I'm using two different product. and i'm over compensating with them, so I can see the logic, I'll be glad when i don't have to use the nsi spa liquid. as it's very different from other acrylic products. but they insist on using it in college to reduce the smell .
thanks again thg:)

another good way to stop air bubbles.

when you dip your brush into the monymor, push it down against the bottom of the pot (so that the bristles are flat against the bottom) rotate the brush clockwise and anti-clockwise until all the bristles are separated and you will notice lots of little air bubbles coming out of between the bristles.
keep rotating until there are no more bubbles then put your brush back into shape.

this way when the time comes to pick up the powder you won't have any trapped air bubbles in the brush so shouldn't have any in the finished result xxx

Also don't drag your brush through the powder. This can create bubbles too.

thanks everyone for their tips . I can now see where i'm going wrong. that's what i like about nails, you're always learning along the way. thanks again thg:lol:

I have noticed that when the acrylic is getting bubbly, is time to change the liquid in the dish :) ... it helps immediately

Latest posts

Back