Building clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timeless

Reaction score
Hi, me and my business partner are finding we are not getting much interest in Mobile Beauty. I know being mobile is cheaper, however would owning a shop bring in more clients? Just wondering if clients are a bit more hesitant about letting strangers into their homes?

This is where many go wrong. Being Mobile should be more expensive! It is a premium service and you are using your time and transport to suit clients so they need to pay more!

This is where many go wrong. Being Mobile should be more expensive! It is a premium service and you are using your time and transport to suit clients so they need to pay more!
Sorry Flirties I meant cheaper as in no overheads, rent etc. X

Yes it might save you on a salon rent but your product cost us the same and you are spending fuel and wear in your car as well as extra time to travel and offer the service so make sure you charge extra for this.
It is a bit of personal preference and there is a lot of therapists who love being mobile and then you have those who work from home or a log cabin. If you are thinking about a salon you need to think about the extra costs and you also need to consider that you will be a bit less flexible if you are intending to have it open at fixed times x

I think it depends on the client...
Some people prefer someone to come to them for the convenience and it can be helpful if they have children or lack of time. Whereas some people would hate the idea of having someone in their home, they may think they won't get as good a service or maybe they just like getting out and having the 'salon experience'.

I work from home and have never had a problem gaining clients - people like my products, my treatments and the service I provide. I've had one of two people arrive (and clearly not read my website) and look horrified that I'm a home salon as its not what they were expecting and would never have chosen to visit a home salon. I think the key is letting people know that they are not getting anything less by not being in a high-street salon. And instead think of what they are gaining by having you come to them (so for me, I always promote that theres no hustle and bustle, its private, theres parking, very relaxing and quiet environment and no waiting around etc etc).

Maybe look at why you might not be getting the interest ...what are your advertising and marketing methods? are your treatments and products appealing to those in your local area? What are other local successful mobile therapists doing / charging? What are some ways that you can stand out from the other therapists?

Latest posts

Back