Bulbs in the "old" brisa lamp..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimitNails

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

After reading all those shellac threads, I was wondering. I have my Brisa lamps, and always thought you wouldn't have to change the bulbs if the indicator light was still green. But a lot of answers is to change bulbs, so got me thinking. Can the bulbs be to old even if the indicator lamps doesn't say??

I always clean with alcohol between clients, I know dirty bulbs and liners could lead to servicebreakdown, but should I still worry???

I haven't had any problems so far, well those I have had were down to me, but don't want any more either:green:

Hope you can help me...xx

I asked this question a bit back and didn't really get an answer. The lamp is supposed to show a green light and turn red if there is a problem but when you change the bulbs you just press the reset button and it goes back, now the other week I was moving the lamp and felt myself press it and then thought how many millions of times must I have caught that button and reset it without changing the bulbs......so like you I'm not sure when to change them lol x

long story short, the light does not always change :(

A handy rule of thumb for changing bulbs is if you are really busy with a long work week change them every 3 months, if you are moderately busy 4 months, if you have a short work week or are not very busy then 6 months. Be sure to change the liners in the Brisa lamp when you change your bulbs. An indicator you need to change bulbs is a sudden onset of issues you normally do not have.

Here is a link to a blog radio interview Doug Schoon was on and he talks about UV lamps, bulb life, UV exposure, etc.
Nail Structure and Product Chemistry with Doug Schoon 7/12/2010 - Nail Talk Radio | Internet Radio | Blog Talk Radio

Thank you so much:hug:

I don't do many gels,maybe one set a week tops, but as I have started using shellac I probably will change my bulbs soon. I have had the lamps for a year and with a pause where they weren't used for 4 months I guess it won't be long. Better safe than sorry:lol:

The indicator light is just that, it indicates when the bulb has reached a point where we know it has to be replaced.

UV light is very easy to block, it only takes a little bit of gel to get stuck on the bulb (from clients lifting fingers and touching it) and that part of the lamp no longer can emit the correct UV output...

The reset button really can only be pushed in with a pen or similar, bumping it will not be enough to reset the timer..

As Holly said, if you suddenly get issues with gel then a likely cause is that something has stopped your UV output working at full potential and it's safest to replace the bulbs.

hth's

Latest posts

Back