Business advice sun beds & spmu

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna1105

Reaction score
Hi I training to be a semi permanent make up artist with nouveau contour@ I am speaking to a tanning salon owner at the minute about doing clinics at her salon.
I need advice about licenses the salon already has a special treatments licence & I need a special treatments licence so do I have to take out a completely new licence?
or can I be added on to her licence as a different treatment?
Do councils let you do this as it would only cost me a fraction of the cost to be added on to hers if that's possible, as a new special treatments licence in my area is £680 [emoji22]
What do salon who have many different special treatments do?
Thanks guys

You will need your own license if its your own business (self employed), if you are going to be employed by the tanning salon then they will need the license. [emoji4]

Ok thank you ever so much this confused me [emoji52] I guess il start saving
Il be self employed as s freelancer X

Ok thank you ever so much this confused me [emoji52] I guess il start saving
Il be self employed as s freelancer X

You'll need your own then X

I will indeed lol
How about insurance? I will be insuring with holistic, will she need to take out a different salon insurance? or do anything with her insurance if you know what I mean?x

You will need your own insurance but the salon owner will need to inform her insurance that you are performing spmu within her premises on a self employed basis and they will advise what she needs from you, generally a copy of your insurance, qualifications and license X

You will need your own insurance but the salon owner will need to inform her insurance that you are performing spmu within her premises on a self employed basis and they will advise what she needs from you, generally a copy of your insurance, qualifications and license X
Thank you ever so much you have been very helpful [emoji4] X

Latest posts

Back