Business bank account

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherylj45

Reaction score
Please help? Need a business bank account. Tried Santander and after 2 weeks of messing about I'm now looking for someone else. Suggestions please :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There all fairly the same. Is it a new business (entitled to free banking?) or just looking in general? Best thing to do is work out how you take most of your money and handle the finances. Then compare accounts and plans by banks.

Yes, new business and I don't know which way most people will pay yet as it's not even open x

Chose one nearby, and with parking. All banks are much of a muchness, so may as well make it convenient for yourself.

Agree about the parking. I had a business bank account with natwest free for two years, when it came to the end I decided I didn't want to pay so I closed it ( massive hassle!) and now I just use a current account from hsbc and it's perfect. I don't need a business bank account cos I'm only a sole trader! I find hsbc brilliant and I've got another personal account with them, my local one has loads of parking and automated machines to pay in cheques cash and coins.

HSBC were brilliant with both mine and my husbands business accounts. Opened in minutes, 18 months free banking and both got a credit card with £1000 limit on it in case we needed it. Cant fault them :)

I opened a business account with Santander, I got an iZettle card reader half price (£50 cash back in account with first verified transaction). You can pay in at any post office, cash goes straight to your account within 5 mins, cheques take a day longer than paying into a Santander branch.
Free banking for 18 months.
Pleased with everything so far.

I have always had my business banking with the Co-op. I joined the federation of small businesses (very useful) and as a member benefit you get free business banking. It has saved me a veritable fortune. You can use your local post office to pay cash and cheques in too.
As an FSB member you get jury service cover, masses of legal documents like contracts, staff policies, NDAs all free in their website, and you get much reduced rates on streamline machines too.
Worth a look.

I have always had my business banking with the Co-op. I joined the federation of small businesses (very useful) and as a member benefit you get free business banking. It has saved me a veritable fortune. You can use your local post office to pay cash and cheques in too.
As an FSB member you get jury service cover, masses of legal documents like contracts, staff policies, NDAs all free in their website, and you get much reduced rates on streamline machines too.
Worth a look.

Great tip. Thanks Lynne.

Worth a look.

Great advice x thanks

So you don't HAVE to have a business account? I've been looking at plans but it appears most of them you get a certain period of free banking and then they charge From £25 a month!!! I know you get other benefits but I don't think I'd use them.

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

Chose one nearby, and with parking. All banks are much of a muchness, so may as well make it convenient for yourself.

This is exactly the words of our accountant.... choose one that has parking outside..... but he also added.... there all in it to take your money so you may as well park outside!

Worth a look.

oh your a wealth of knowledge! x

Latest posts

Back