Business idea...what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayabellanails

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm thinking of offering my nails services to companies...I would set up at the company for a whole day and do the employees' nails (manis, dry pedis, etc. and maybe spray tans). I'm in the process of wrting up my flyer.

I need to work while my kids are in school, my hubby works nights and weekends. If I work in a salon, they'll need me evenings and Saturdays. I need to create my schedule from 9am to 3am. I figure, going to offices, I'm working during business hours...

What do you think? Has any of you ever done it? Would you have any advice?
Thanks!

I think it is a very good idea! Some companies organise "Family days" for their employees as a treat so it might be worth checking it out. I did something similar in june at the local distillery i spent two hours on a friday afternoon doing shape and polish and was paid quite well. I was also contacted by my local borough council to participate on a "Well being" day for their employees (unfortunately i could not take part on that occasion)
If i was you i would contact the Human Resource Manager of the companies in your area and ask them for a meeting to present your idea.
Am not sure about the tan part of it (as it might seem a bit messy)

I wish you good luck in this new venture. Keep us posted:hug:

its a great idea ....... but

trying to get in anywhere is nigh on impossible! Believe me, I have tried.

If you can get the HR direct line or name then you may have a small chance of them reading your leaflet. It helps if you know someone in the organisation that can make sure your leaflet gets to right person.

I don't want to sound like a negative person but I have contacted all the local organsiations such as Land Registry, National Savings, Passport Office, County Hall, BT, Large supermarkets, Call centres, etc, etc, etc. I have spent a small fortune on printing, envelopes and stamps.

Now, these organisations DO have health awareness and healthy living days, Education at work, but they tend to contact the local colleges to supply therapists. I work for a few local colleges, and its the only way that I get in on these places. I have tried following it up after I've been in but they are not interested.

Places like Orange, Royal Mail, and National Savings use an agency. I know this because I have been approached by the agency to work for them.

I have a cousin that works in National savings and a neighbour that works in Land Registry, they take my leaflets in and put them on the noticeboard. I haven't had a single enquiry.

You may well be lucky, you may be in the right place at the right time, but be prepared for a lot of hardwork and little interest.

I've just noticed that you are not from the UK, so hopefully you will get better luck and interest in your country.

good luck.

Great idea..
But don't waste money on writing to them, ring them first. Get chatting to the receptionist, who of course would love presentable manicured nails.. Get her on side, then she could speak to management for you.

Might be worth just popping in to a few big companies

Thank you ladies for your input...I have nothing to lose by trying!

Marie
Montreal, Canada

The best thing to do is go there in person. A flyer will be filed downwards staight into the bin, a telephone call will be diverted by the secretary ... but if you are there in front of the receptionist and get chatting (make her feel important) then you stand a far greater chance of something happening.

Do some research on companies that do this and really sell the BENEFITS to the HR department ie do you lose a lot of sick days due to stress, backache etc etc? Then i can help! Spare me 5 minutes of your time and I can tell you how ... or even show you with a complimentary treatment! Now who woudn't resist that!

Good luck and keep plugging away at it. When I did cold calling we were told that out of every 12 calls only one would be interested, so there could be a lot of rejection for you to cope with :hug:

Last edited:
Absolutely - get out there, do make up special attention grabbing flyers but go in person too. My brother works in advertising and they have someone differnet every month in one of the offices - he loves it!

Go for it hun, have u thought about contacting weight watchers and offering a discount for ladies that reach there goal wait. Let us no how u get on xxxxx

Latest posts

Back