Business trading from my previous building with a similar name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloomingnails

Reaction score
Evening all

I know similar questions have been asked but this is slightly different.

I rented a room in a hairdressers from Jan 2012 to November 2012. I then got my own nail salon about 500 yards up the road. I have been made aware that a new new business has set up in my previous room with a very similar trading name. The actual name of the hairdressers remain the same.

Is their anything I can do? It's irked me to say the least as the owner of the hairdressers is a bit underhand, but that's a whole other post!!!!

We have had a couple of phone calls at my salon thinking it's them too!?

Your thoughts would be appreciated!

Lilian x

It really depends on how similar. You'd have to prove (in court) that they were "passing off" (i.e. pretending to by your business) in order to gain clients.

If the name is different (no matter how similar you think it might be) then no, there's nothing you can do about it.

Mine is Love nails (& Tanning), theirs is Nails with Love. It's the fact that it's from my old business premises too. I kinda of know their is little I can do.

Thanks thou x

I doubt there's much legally you can do as there is no outright 'copying'.
I would probably just put on my website/facebook etc...Please note that My Salon has no connections or affiliations with 'Nails with Love' at no. 1 jo bloggs street.
I would also send a group email to my existing clients saying just that, but without getting into details.

Then just try to forget about it. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff!
Hope that helps. :)

I doubt there's much legally you can do as there is no outright 'copying'.
I would probably just put on my website/facebook etc...Please note that My Salon has no connections or affiliations with 'Nails with Love' at no. 1 jo bloggs street.
I would also send a group email to my existing clients saying just that, but without getting into details.

Then just try to forget about it. Life's too short to sweat the small stuff!
Hope that helps. :)

Thanks!

I'm normally very business like and rise above it etc, but I guess things just get to us sometimes!

I have considered putting a disclaimer on to distance myself, which may do.

Thanks for your reply x

Latest posts

Back