But I didn't break a nail....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scratchmyback

Reaction score
Went rollerblading this morning down on the bike paths near the lake. It's only the 2nd time I've been out, and this time I was much more confident....seems I was too cocky, :eek: I said to my boyfriend "hey, look at meeeeee" and no sooner had I said that my legs flew out from under me and down I went hard on my bum.

My arms flew out, my wrists and hands hit the pavement. I felt my fingertips dig into the pavement as I hit the ground. I was cut and scraped a bit on one finger. I thought I sprained my left thumb but it is not swollen at all. Just hurts a little bit.

But....I DIDN'T BREAK A NAIL !!! And....only my left hand hurts, the right one can STILL HOLD THE BRUSH !!!

Amazing the things that go through your mind. I could have had thoughts of a bruised or cracked tailbone, broken fingers, hands, etc. :cry: But no, it all had to do with nails.

(oh and I was wearing all the necessary protective gear, and my bum is already..er..well padded)

Sick or what !!!

Laura x

You poor thing, hope your bum feels better soon, but hey at least the nails are still in tact, never mind the bumps and bruises.....silly girl!

aj

Thanks aj...we'll see how it feels when I wake up in the morning! I can't wait to go again though, do I have a death wish or what....seriously I could not believe I didn't even crack a nail. I should be able to use this in some sort of advertising, don't you think :)

Laura

Oh ouch!
Michele

Hee Hee, I know how you feel. I do a few martial arts and I have a strict rule with my fellow classmates. Anything but the right hand! I get chucked about, thrown onto my head in many interesting ways and put in all sorts off holds and arm/wrist locks. I have a really dodgy knee that 'pops' out at really bad times and causes me incredible pain. I have had severe bruising and sprains and been unable to move at all the day after class....not to mention a few breaks!
But as long as my right hand is ok to hold a brush and I can see out of at least one eye, I DONT CARE!!!
Ive been in class with really scarey 7th dan black belts and had the class reduced to tears of laughter by screaming ' NOT THE WRIST!!! NOT THE WRIST!!"

tamimac said:
Hee Hee, I know how you feel. I do a few martial arts and I have a strict rule with my fellow classmates. Anything but the right hand! I get chucked about, thrown onto my head in many interesting ways and put in all sorts off holds and arm/wrist locks. I have a really dodgy knee that 'pops' out at really bad times and causes me incredible pain. I have had severe bruising and sprains and been unable to move at all the day after class....not to mention a few breaks!
But as long as my right hand is ok to hold a brush and I can see out of at least one eye, I DONT CARE!!!
Ive been in class with really scarey 7th dan black belts and had the class reduced to tears of laughter by screaming ' NOT THE WRIST!!! NOT THE WRIST!!"

pmsl

oh hun bless you xxx

hope you feel better i did that too. my daughter stood onto of my box and fell banging her head on the wall and my first thought was "is my stuff in my box ok" i was thinking of my new big tub of powder and all the liquid what if they mixed what a waste. then i realised what i was thinking and turned my attention to my daughter feeling really guilty. the box was fine.

angela

An update, I had to rebalance my nails yesterday, managed to get the right hand done but that thumb is still tender...LOL...no problems sitting on my bum though.

Tamimac yes I can see you doing that!!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Laura x

scratchmyback said:
Thanks aj...we'll see how it feels when I wake up in the morning! I can't wait to go again though, do I have a death wish or what....seriously I could not believe I didn't even crack a nail. I should be able to use this in some sort of advertising, don't you think :)

Laura

I know what you mean about death wish. I have been a skater for years and have broken the same bone in my back TWICE, but I still go back for more. Should know better at my age (well over 40! - LOL)

joe90 said:
I know what you mean about death wish. I have been a skater for years and have broken the same bone in my back TWICE, but I still go back for more. Should know better at my age (well over 40! - LOL)

Joe I am 45 and just getting started...LOL....I refuse to grow old gracefully (on skates anyway!!)

Laura x

This reminds me of the time I took my hubby rollerblading
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: still have the image in myhead:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, keep in mind.. he's 6'4" and 220lbs, he's a BIG boy (I checked online converter, it's 15.71 stone while I'm 110lbs which is 7.86stone)

Ok, so he's a big boy.

Anyway, first day he's out blading, he's sitting sideways in the car putting his blades, feet hanging out the door. Stands up, closes the car door and KABOOM lands on his arse in the middle of the street.:lol: :rolleyes: I'm thinking at this time "this should be interesting" HE was only standing there and fell without even trying:!:

Ok, so we blade for an hour or two along the path along the river, and at one point, there's a sharp decline.. so I say to him, let's turn back the other way. He says no, he's ready for this hill. I argue with him telling him no, there's no way, he'll pick up too much speed and go crashing...
He insists anyway.
Ok, fine, macho man. :rolleyes: I crouch to go down hill so I can pick up more momentum and coast further along at the bottom with no effort.
Dumb arse copies me, next ya know, he's flying past me at a gazillion miles and hour, yelling "HOW DO I STOP:!: "
I start cracking up... then he heads for the grass in a dive like superman and headfirst into a tree. That was it, I could NOT stop laughing, tears streaming down my face.

He was ok.. didn't bump his head, ,just looked like he did.
Says to me...
"ok, guess I wasn't ready" :rolleyes:

Everyone in the vicinity was laughing their butts off.

THEN this wee lil 5 or 7 year old, whizzes by, down the hill, no accident, no tree hugging.... plugging along at a good clip with no misshaps.
THAT was the icing on the cake..

Hubby says - after watching this kid about the size of his own shin - "I think I'm tired and want to go home now"

hahahah WIMP:!: outdone by a 5yr old LOL

LOL Victoria I can so picture your hubby !!!! That was me....more cocky than I had a right to be. But I can say I didn't fall down till well into an hour of blading. And then I proceeded to do it twice in 5 minutes....LOL. That's when I called it a day. But I was able to go all the way back to the car and not fall again.

As for the little kids...well let's just say they were all in school when I was out otherwise you can be sure that would have happened to me too :rolleyes:

Laura x

Latest posts

Back