Buying a house - how long did it take from offer accepted to getting the keys?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We finally exchanged contracts today! Should be completing next Wednesday. Can't get excited yet as still feel like something could go wrong before we get the keys.

Good luck, we exchanged today and complete next thurs, in in time for Christmas xxxx

No chain over 5 month :-(

It can vary a lot for lots of different reasons. We sold my husbands parents house last December but because if his wicked witch of a sister we still haven't had his half share!
I've sold houses and got to completion in 3 weeks and other times it's taken 3 months. Depends on chain, who can move on certain dates, illnesses, etc etc.

Thanks again for all the replies. When we complete next week it will have been almost 6 months since we put the offer in. I've just booked the removal men, need to do our mail redirection and sort building insurance. The thing I'm most excited about is setting up my new home salon and being nearby to all my family and friends again :) it's going to be great. Xx

Latest posts

Back