Buying an LED lamp - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passionate

Reaction score
I'm currently using Shellac but I'm into looking to buy an L.E.D lamp to use with Artistic Gloss. I got an email this morning from my local supplier to say they were doing a special offer on an L.E.D lamp cheaper then the Artistic lamp but it was 36w? I researched the Artistic Lamp and it's 6G? I'm only used to working with watts with U.V lamps! :lol: Can anybody help me out and let me know if the cheaper one is a good lamp or would it be better buy the Artistic Lamp??

LED lamps are not usually 36 watt, UV lamps are.. I have swapped from a UV lamp to a 6G Harmony lamp to use with my Gelish.
A LED 6G lamp will have a consistent output and will not need the bulbs replaced (According to manufacturer)
It is also a lot quicker..30 seconds as opposed to 2 mins per cure.
The bottom line is that you should use the lamp designed for your system..there are loads of threads about this, so I wont go into it.. :)
My opinion..6G every time..:wink2:

LED lamps are not usually 36 watt, UV lamps are.. I have swapped from a UV lamp to a 6G Harmony lamp to use with my Gelish.
A LED 6G lamp will have a consistent output and will not need the bulbs replaced (According to manufacturer)
It is also a lot quicker..30 seconds as opposed to 2 mins per cure.
The bottom line is that you should use the lamp designed for your system..there are loads of threads about this, so I wont go into it.. :)
My opinion..6G every time..:wink2:

That's what I thought! I'd never heard of an L.E.D lamp described in watts before. Thanks for clearing it up for me.I'll go with Artistic lamp! :biggrin:

That's what I thought! I'd never heard of an L.E.D lamp described in watts before. Thanks for clearing it up for me.I'll go with Artistic lamp! :biggrin:

I would consider going with the most recent ACG lamp, the ARTISTIC PRO 30 rather than a 6g. It hardly makes sense to get an LED lamp for speed and then have to cure thumbs separately.

I just saw a new lamp at my beauty distrubitor that has both UV AND LED in the same unit!!! Suppose to cure/harden anything currently on the market! It was listed at $175 US.
I'd love to ditch one of my lamps and just have one on the table. Not sure if this helps but hope it does!!

I just saw a new lamp at my beauty distrubitor that has both UV AND LED in the same unit!!! Suppose to cure/harden anything currently on the market! It was listed at $175 US.
I'd love to ditch one of my lamps and just have one on the table. Not sure if this helps but hope it does!!

I am a firm believer in using the lamp for your system, but (assuming this is the Star Nails lamp) I think it is interesting that this is the first lamp I've seen that identifies the LED wavelength it uses.

Latest posts

Back