Buying CND?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailark

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I've just read that you have to be trained with CND to buy CND products?
I'm full nail tech trained and BABTAC accredited and thought I'd be ok to buy with that??
Confused!

Hi, it depends what you want to buy. If you want to buy enhancement products then you do need to be CND trained, if it's Vinylux and/or Shellac then you should be ok with a manicure certificate. Hope this helps x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

No you don't need to be trained with them, register with SweetSquared.com and email them your certificates and once you get a customer number you can view the prices and buy x

Hi, it depends what you want to buy. If you want to buy enhancement products then you do need to be CND trained, if it's Vinylux and/or Shellac then you should be ok with a manicure certificate. Hope this helps x

I'm not trained with CND but I'm able to purchase enhancement products from s2 x

I you hold a manicure certificate, you can set up an account with Sweet Squared to purchase the vast majority of CND products.
However they used to require you to take a conversion class to purchase Retention+ or Brisa enhancement products, to ensure techs learn the products' particular unique behaviours and techniques for use to get the best results. Not sure if that is still the case. Why not call to ask?

I personally think all techs should take a class when changing product brands to prevent common problems associated with not knowing how that brand works as a system compared to others. It's not about saying a previous qualification isn't good enough, but ensuring the science behind the particular brand is understood, and how it's particular usage may differ from what is required by other brands, for example why some brands require use of a primer, yet others are formulated not to need one.
Hope that helps x

Last edited:
Ah thanks everyone! That's a huge help!
Feel a bit more clued up now

X x

I was able to buy enhancement products with my City & Guilds Nail Tech certificate.

I'm not trained with CND but I'm able to purchase enhancement products from s2 x

Oh that's interesting, when I signed up in May I was told I couldn't buy enhancement products! Maybe each case is looked at individually xx

I completed my Level 3 Nail Technology NVQ in June and was able to have a full account with them (including buying enhancement products).

Latest posts

Back