buying uniforms.......hmmmm!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peppercorn Nails

Reaction score
A cautionary tale.......

I ordered a pair of black bootleg trousers from a very well known mail order uniform company in a size 12. These were not cheap and I know alot of techs wear their clothes.

Now I already have a pair of 3/4 trousers and top in 12 (white), therefore I felt quite happy ordering another pair of trousers from the same company also in a size 12. Just to make sure I checked out their measurement page, where it says 'Our garments are cut to allow freedom of movement and comfort for work. As all retailers have their own distinctive sizing, style and fit, it is advisable to take measurements before ordering to ensure that you receive the correct size. To obtain your correct size, measure your actual body measurements as indicated on the diagram, rather than measuring over your clothes and compare to the size chart above'

I measured my waist at 30inches (76cm), which following their sizing chart would have me order a size 14. I generally fit into a 10 in high street shops.

Anyway, decided against going with the 14 and felt that seeing as my other trousers are 12 (waist 28inches) then these would be fine.

They arrived in the post the other day.....tried them on and they hang off me. I checked them against my white pants and they are about an inch bigger. I measured the whites and they are 28inch (like it says in the brochure)......measured the blacks and they are 30inches (NOT like it says in the brochure!!!!

So today I thought I would phone them up. Spoke to a very nice lady who just basically kept fobbing me off!! The point I was trying to make was that I would like to exchange my trousers for a size 10, but I did feel that I shouldn't have to pay P+P to return these pants and also to receive the new ones........possibly amounting to £13.00 as the said trousers were not the size they said they were.

She kept going on about the fact that they were a different cut (drop waist........err she's right there as they didn't touch my @*&%$$ waist!!!). She also felt the need to tell me that alot of people didn't know how to measure themselves.......well excuse me, it's not bloody rocket science!!!

I kept trying to explain to her that I understood what she was trying to explain to me, but at the end of the day I had done everything they had asked me to do (ie. measure myself in the nuddy!) and I had ultimately purchased an item that was not the size it was supposed to be!! I also said that what would happen if I send back my size 12 and request a size 10 and that doesn't fit either? She said well unfortunately that was just one of those things when you order from Mail order............Charming!!!

Crikey, I really couldn't believe that I would come across this sort of shody customer service from such a well respected company. Do you think I'm being unreasonable? I personally don't think I am..........but maybe I'm being a bit blinkered:confused:

Adele

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this! I have been treated bad by mail order before too (I now stay well clear) but not this bad! Crikey, I would send a letter of complaint to the manager along with the trousers and ask for a complete refund, inc postage and go elsewhere. Company's like this don't deserve your money!

Samoyed x

I bought a jacket and trousers at Excel, but it was not until paying that I found the jacket out of stock. However, having spent a long time trying things on and choosing carefully what I wanted, I felt I had to go through with the order. When I went to sign the receipt, the bargains that they splashed around on their stand were suddenly not such bargains as the VAT was added on and I ended up paying £84 for this outfit. I also had to now pay p+p to have the jacket sent from stock once they were back from the show. I have never ever spent this much before on a uniform!

Three weeks down the line, no jacket! I emailed them and when they subsequently phoned me, they had no trace of my order. Now fortunately I had my till receipt which showed the code number of the jacket but no sizing. I have now had to guess what size I need. Even worse, after choosing what size I wanted, I was informed that 20 orders were still outstanding and I would have to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery! They will therefore have had my money for up to three months by this time. No prizes for guessing that I will never ever use this company again. Having pm'd Adele (Peppercorn nails) it turns out that we are dealing with the same company! Buyer beware methinks!

Latest posts

Back