Quantcast

Bye-bye dusty nail plate!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2003
Messages
197
Reaction score
3
Location
Notts/Derbys Border
Hmmmm...just wondering if there is a streamline more simple to keep the nail plates nice and dust free ready for the L&P??!!??

I'm a CND Master Tech, so I'm religious about proper PREP. Just wondering....

When applying a tip to a natural nail, I have already pushed back cuticles with cuticle remover, removed shine from nail plate, scrubfresh'd etc etc....

My natural nails are squeeky clean and ready to go....

Then obviously, after applying and blending tips the nail plates (sidewalls in particular!!) have dust on them again.....so of course I do as I was trained and scrubfresh the nail plate clean again ready for the L&P.

My 2 questions are:

1) Which is the best and quickest way of ensuring there is no dust in my sidewalls after the tip is blended (especially so for customers with deep sidewalls/lateral folds)

2) When dust is sitting on the blended tip...am I being daft :o ....I've always understood scrubfresh on the natural nail ONLY, so avoid using it on the tip to remove the dust, but also...been taught not to use a brush (eg shaving brush as I used to in the olden days) as they harbour germs etc and cannot be sterilsied and dried in time for the next customer.

Don't get me wrong, there is not mounds of dust all over the nail/tip, but of course I'm after a lovely clean surface to lay my L&P on.

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance

Jenny-Nails :)
 

glenda

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
289
Reaction score
3
Location
west yorkshire
Jenny-Nails said:
Hmmmm...just wondering if there is a streamline more simple to keep the nail plates nice and dust free ready for the L&P??!!??

I'm a CND Master Tech, so I'm religious about proper PREP. Just wondering....

When applying a tip to a natural nail, I have already pushed back cuticles with cuticle remover, removed shine from nail plate, scrubfresh'd etc etc....

My natural nails are squeeky clean and ready to go....

Then obviously, after applying and blending tips the nail plates (sidewalls in particular!!) have dust on them again.....so of course I do as I was trained and scrubfresh the nail plate clean again ready for the L&P.

My 2 questions are:

1) Which is the best and quickest way of ensuring there is no dust in my sidewalls after the tip is blended (especially so for customers with deep sidewalls/lateral folds)

2) When dust is sitting on the blended tip...am I being daft :o ....I've always understood scrubfresh on the natural nail ONLY, so avoid using it on the tip to remove the dust, but also...been taught not to use a brush (eg shaving brush as I used to in the olden days) as they harbour germs etc and cannot be sterilsied and dried in time for the next customer.

Don't get me wrong, there is not mounds of dust all over the nail/tip, but of course I'm after a lovely clean surface to lay my L&P on.

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance

Jenny-Nails :)
this mesage was getting lost and id like to have some info to make this clear to me too thank you
 

Debs

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2003
Messages
1,621
Reaction score
36
Location
Essex
Jenny-Nails said:
Hmmmm...just wondering if there is a streamline more simple to keep the nail plates nice and dust free ready for the L&P??!!??

I'm a CND Master Tech, so I'm religious about proper PREP. Just wondering....

When applying a tip to a natural nail, I have already pushed back cuticles with cuticle remover, removed shine from nail plate, scrubfresh'd etc etc....

My natural nails are squeeky clean and ready to go....

Then obviously, after applying and blending tips the nail plates (sidewalls in particular!!) have dust on them again.....so of course I do as I was trained and scrubfresh the nail plate clean again ready for the L&P.

My 2 questions are:

1) Which is the best and quickest way of ensuring there is no dust in my sidewalls after the tip is blended (especially so for customers with deep sidewalls/lateral folds)

2) When dust is sitting on the blended tip...am I being daft :o ....I've always understood scrubfresh on the natural nail ONLY, so avoid using it on the tip to remove the dust, but also...been taught not to use a brush (eg shaving brush as I used to in the olden days) as they harbour germs etc and cannot be sterilsied and dried in time for the next customer.

Don't get me wrong, there is not mounds of dust all over the nail/tip, but of course I'm after a lovely clean surface to lay my L&P on.

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance

Jenny-Nails :)

I use a shaving brush (I have a few) they only take a few minutes to wash out and then I put them in a UV cabinet.
If the client has no nicks or cuts, its only dust you`re clearing away so there isn`t going to be any cross-contamination. Please don`t shoot me if I`m doing this wrong because for the most part I do use one brush per client as I don`t have my clients stacked up all day.
You can get a plastic brush that does the job real good too which could be sprayed with Chlor-i-spray.
As for the scrubfresh, as long as its wiped over the tip and not scrubbed into it like the rest of the nail, there shouldn`t be a problem with breakdown .
Following this, your nails should be completely dustfree and ready for overlay
 

Laura

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Location
Notts
Debs said:
I use a shaving brush (I have a few) they only take a few minutes to wash out and then I put them in a UV cabinet.
If the client has no nicks or cuts, its only dust you`re clearing away so there isn`t going to be any cross-contamination. Please don`t shoot me if I`m doing this wrong because for the most part I do use one brush per client as I don`t have my clients stacked up all day.
You can get a plastic brush that does the job real good too which could be sprayed with Chlor-i-spray.
As for the scrubfresh, as long as its wiped over the tip and not scrubbed into it like the rest of the nail, there shouldn`t be a problem with breakdown .
Following this, your nails should be completely dustfree and ready for overlay
NSI do a lovely little nylon/plastic brush which is excellent for dust removal, if you're particularly worried about sanitising etc, It can be put in a dishwasher.. so I am told. It's called a Plush Brush and it only costs about £2-35.
 

Little Angel

Well-Known Member
Premium Geek
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
3,197
Reaction score
136
Location
Lincolnshire, England
I use a brush too am afraid. I use a spray from ellisons that is for makeup brushes it cleans and sanitises in one step. Dry in minutes.
I also have a rubber cuticle pusher at one end and a short stubby brush at the other. I dont use the cuticle end really but because the brush in small and stumpy its great to go down the side walls.

HTH
 

Suzanne R

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2003
Messages
131
Reaction score
1
I use a manicure brush......cheap, easy to sanitize and I have lots of them.
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
After Tip blending you use just a tad of scrubfresh on a hands down or lint free pad, angle the pad, so it's pointing down at the cuticle end and slightly bottoms up near the free edge.

As you grip the clients finger, pinch gently with your index finger and thumb the underneath of the fingertip (the fleshy part)............. this pulls the sidewalls gently apart ( same movement you would do for cuticle sidewall cleaning) and and you will be able to clean and de-dust and re-sanitise before product application in one step.................... Wipe the pad downwards and towards the free edge...................
A small amount of scrubfresh on the tip is ok, just dont saturate or it will cause a brakedown of the tip.................

This way you are not brushing it off the nail and onto the desk...........
It goes on the pad and then in the bin..........
Less dust, cleaner work space and less risk of irritations............
 

glenda

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
289
Reaction score
3
Location
west yorkshire
Nailsinlondon1 said:
After Tip blending you use just a tad of scrubfresh on a hands down or lint free pad, angle the pad, so it's pointing down at the cuticle end and slightly bottoms up near the free edge.

As you grip the clients finger, pinch gently with your index finger and thumb the underneath of the fingertip (the fleshy part)............. this pulls the sidewalls gently apart ( same movement you would do for cuticle sidewall cleaning) and and you will be able to clean and de-dust and re-sanitise before product application in one step.................... Wipe the pad downwards and towards the free edge...................
A small amount of scrubfresh on the tip is ok, just dont saturate or it will cause a brakedown of the tip.................

This way you are not brushing it off the nail and onto the desk...........
It goes on the pad and then in the bin..........
Less dust, cleaner work space and less risk of irritations............

thank you, you never fail to give GOOD CLEAR advise you are fantastic i think you are an asset to this board
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top