Cabin salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Nailz

Reaction score
I am trying to talk my husband into letting me get a Cabin for our garden, to use as my Nail Salon.

I am even dreaming it, I want it that much. I even have it all planned out, to how I want it to look. I'm mobile, but also work from home. But it just isn't practical or professional working in my kitchen :/

Anyone else here have a Cabin for a Salon, and did it cost alot? and what is it like?

I am trying to talk my husband into letting me get a Cabin for our garden, to use as my Nail Salon.

I am even dreaming it, I want it that much. I even have it all planned out, to how I want it to look. I'm mobile, but also work from home. But it just isn't practical or professional working in my kitchen :/

Anyone else here have a Cabin for a Salon, and did it cost alot? and what is it like?

Im sure a lovely geek called Planky has a garden cabin salon that posts on here quite regular x

I just bought my cabin yesterday! From duster house! Only a small one but I am sooo excited! I know exactly how you feel with the dreaming about it and how you want it to look! Go for it really persuade your husband! It will be cheaper than renting a space or even a salon so really talk up the pros of having a cabin and a dedicated space where you can work, not interfering with home life as its separate etc. is there not something he really wants? He could maybe totally get it if you got your cabin! :lol: x

I just bought my cabin yesterday! From duster house! Only a small one but I am sooo excited! I know exactly how you feel with the dreaming about it and how you want it to look! Go for it really persuade your husband! It will be cheaper than renting a space or even a salon so really talk up the pros of having a cabin and a dedicated space where you can work, not interfering with home life as its separate etc. is there not something he really wants? He could maybe totally get it if you got your cabin! :lol: x

lol. He is a very stubborn person. Not sure if it will happen for me, because of cost. One day!!! Maybe!!! Hmmmm!!!

I'm trying to talk my husband into this too! I'd love it! My friend has a nail salon cabin in her garden and it's sooo nice in there! I'm currently on mat leave and dreading going back to work so I reckon this is the best option!! Although I still need to sell it to my husband more cos he's having none of it!

I feel your pain hun....

Frustrating isn't it. It would be the perfect option for me..being at home, working my own hours in my own little salon. Having my pedicure chair in there. Can't have one in my kitchen :/

I have managed to talk him into turning our utility room into a "hair room" and he's even had a backwash plumbed in for me. He says he'll "discuss" it when I'm so busy with my hair room that I need another chair. It's not big enough to fit a nail bar in so I have to take my ladies into the dining room for nails! Best get myself snipping quicker I guess! Ha x

I bought a cabin for my business but unfortunately got out voted as kids wanted it for the meantime :( but I am still planning in "near" future to move my room there. I bought it from Creative Living Cabins & they deliver & erect all over the country.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344376028.377084.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344376028.377084.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,243
I bought a cabin for my business but unfortunately got out voted as kids wanted it for the meantime :( but I am still planning in "near" future to move my room there. I bought it from Creative Living Cabins & they deliver & erect all over the country.

Wow, that looks lovely, and what a fabulous garden you have, well done you! xx

I say go for it. Tell him no nooky for a month or something, lol.:lol: I started off with a room in my house but I have three youngsters (2, 4 & 6) and my husband used to have to either take them out or gag them, lol;);). So we bought me a summer house and we've kitted it out as a salon. It's 10 x 12 and just about fits everything in it that I want it to. I have a couch in, a couple of small cupboards, a nail desk and a shelving system. I'm expanding in October and my business is probably going to outgrow the summer house eventually but I'm hoping to get our garage built and have an upstairs in that as the salon.

I've looked at opening a salon but when you look at the rent, rates, etc, my little treatment room works out much more cost effective. I wish I new how to do links but if you look up graceful therapies on facebook, hopefully I'll come up. I'm based in northern ireland.

Good luck, Mandy xxx

That's incredible! I want one!!xx

The answer is no. We can't afford one. It will be in the £1000's to get a cabin and all that goes in it :(

I have a summer house converted, did it as cheap as poss. There are pics on my Facebook page: Bewitched Beauty MK. Feel free to ask questions. :) xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

added you guys :)

I am Tina Baldwin on my facebook. New Nailz is underneath... add me if you like ;)

I've just opened a summer house, it's fab best thing I ever did!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344424370.253722.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344424370.253722.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,149
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344424388.573131.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344424388.573131.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,131
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344424404.223142.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344424404.223142.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,102
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344424428.553890.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344424428.553890.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,084
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344424440.282261.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344424440.282261.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,021
I have a summer house converted, did it as cheap as poss. There are pics on my Facebook page: Bewitched Beauty MK. Feel free to ask questions. :) xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

Looks lovely, I'd like to eventually do a similar thing, I have a salon now but I can't see running a business and having a family (in the future lol) is going to work so as an idea I think this is perfect! Where did you get the summer house? And did it come with insulation etc. is it warm in the winter? x

Latest posts

Back