Cabin salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks lovely, I'd like to eventually do a similar thing, I have a salon now but I can't see running a business and having a family (in the future lol) is going to work so as an idea I think this is perfect! Where did you get the summer house? And did it come with insulation etc. is it warm in the winter? x

I got it from a company called AT Sheds, based in Birmingham, through Ebay actually, I think it was £700. My partner and his friend did all the insulating etc. I have electric but no water, but take a large insulated urn up with me!! I started just with nails so not really an issue. Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

I went to AT sheds & Dunster house!! Been all over the country to view! Lmao!!
The Billyoh are fab!! Really nice construction. Well worth the money.
Make sure you put pics up, as it's lovely to see all your hard work realised!
Love the pics Girls - you are all a bad influence! My kids might get an eviction notice :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure a lovely geek called Planky has a garden cabin salon that posts on here quite regular x

I do indeedy :D

Mine is huge, it's 12x20ft or something like that, can't remember now and it did cost a lot to do but you can go smaller to reduce the costs. I didn't want it so big but hubby insisted I'd fill the space and he was right :o I can't believe how I've filled it and could actually do with a bit more, so be careful you don't go too small.

Bare in mind though that if you are working from home in a cabin/summerhouse, you ideally need running water to it and in mine we have a toilet, so that clients don't need to come through the house to use ours.

Also, to ensure it was warm in the winter, we had it all boarded out and insulated, then plastered, otherwise it can be extremely cold in there. Even with doing all this, it's freezing in there until my heaters have been on for an hour or so.

But I love it and quite often go in there to play when I haven't any clients, I just love being in there so much, I'm very lucky.

There's still a bit of finishing off to do like painting woodwork, door handle on bathroom door etc but I'm still using it and clients aren't bothered in the slightest and absolutely love it in there too :green: Here's a few pics :) (Looks slightly different to the pictures now as I've got my new Shellac Rack on the wall where the poster is and my glitters are on top of my desk where the shellac is in this picture)

Attachments

• DSCF0880.jpg
    DSCF0880.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 1,005
  • DSCF0875.jpg
    DSCF0875.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,020
  • DSCF0878.jpg
    DSCF0878.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,275
Last edited:

Mine is huge, it's 12x20ft or something like that, can't remember now and it did cost a lot to do but you can go smaller to reduce the costs. I didn't want it so big but hubby insisted I'd fill the space and he was right :o I can't believe how I've filled it and could actually do with a bit more, so be careful you don't go too small.

Bare in mind though that if you are working from home in a cabin/summerhouse, you ideally need running water to it and in mine we have a toilet, so that clients don't need to come through the house to use ours.

Also, to ensure it was warm in the winter, we had it all boarded out and insulated, then plastered, otherwise it can be extremely cold in there. Even with doing all this, it's freezing in there until my heaters have been on for an hour or so.

But I love it and quite often go in there to play when I haven't any clients, I just love being in there so much, I'm very lucky.

There's still a bit of finishing off to do like painting woodwork, door handle on bathroom door etc but I'm still using it and clients aren't bothered in the slightest and absolutely love it in there too :green: Here's a few pics :) (Looks slightly different to the pictures now as I've got my new Shellac Rack on the wall where the poster is and my glitters are on top of my desk where the shellac is in this picture)
Fantastic work space planky x

I would love one of these. I need a garden first though, not sure it would fit on my balcony! ;)

Ah that looks amaaaazzzing! x

Thanks. I love it :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

You are a lucky lucky girl Planky. I would dream of something like that. Mine won't be half that size lol.

Gorgeous planky. Love the chairs where did you get them from? Xx

Gorgeous planky. Love the chairs where did you get them from? Xx

Thank you :) I got the chairs from an office furniture shop online but can't remember the name now. They're really comfy as they have lumbar support and are height adjustable :)

I too am trying to persuade my hubby to let me have a cabin. How much did this add to your council tax? My sister has a cabin in her back garden but says she can't have electricity to it as it then is regarded as an extra room so adds to your council tax. Or do you have to pay some sort of business rate instead?

I really wanted a billyoh cabin but couldn't justify the cost as currently only offer tans. Thought I would pop some pics on anyhow. My clients love it. Its still a work in progress but functional enough to earn me some pennies!

Attachments

• shed 2.jpg
    shed 2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,487
  • shed 1.jpg
    shed 1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,259
I too am trying to persuade my hubby to let me have a cabin. How much did this add to your council tax? My sister has a cabin in her back garden but says she can't have electricity to it as it then is regarded as an extra room so adds to your council tax. Or do you have to pay some sort of business rate instead?

All councils are different. Mine said I didn't need anything at all but that I had to limit the amount of clients I have per week so it can be deemed I'm working from home and not a business as such. Best bet is to call them and ask :wink2:

All councils are different. Mine said I didn't need anything at all but that I had to limit the amount of clients I have per week so it can be deemed I'm working from home and not a business as such. Best bet is to call them and ask :wink2:

Mine said exactly the same as you planky x

Planky your log cabins looks fantastic, as they all do! well done you guys! xx

Yes, I think I am fine too. so it looks like it is all fine to go ahead. The only thing stopping me is money.

This is my cabin.

I'm very lucky, its in the grounds of my sister's home which is a 15th century converted barn with beautiful landscape gardens.

It has all the usual hot/ cold running water, heating and a bathroom which has a two person steam/shower cubicle and a hot tub for pamper parties.

I also have a home salon which is lovely and also has its own bathroom with shower but sometimes seems like the poor relation to my cabin!!!

Attachments

• outside.jpg
    outside.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 918
  • DSCF1215.jpg
    DSCF1215.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 865
  • DSCF1169.jpg
    DSCF1169.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 809
  • DSCF1168.jpg
    DSCF1168.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 814
  • DSCF1170.JPG
    DSCF1170.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 752
This is my cabin.

I'm very lucky, its in the grounds of my sister's home which is a 15th century converted barn with beautiful landscape gardens.

It has all the usual hot/ cold running water, heating and a bathroom which has a two person steam/shower cubicle and a hot tub for pamper parties.

I also have a home salon which is lovely and also has its own bathroom with shower but sometimes seems like the poor relation to my cabin!!!

Stunning! You are very lucky! Hot tub and everything! Can I come and work there? :lol: sorry I mean live there! :)
I bet your clients love it! Where is your desk from? I love it, I'm going walnut and cream in my cabin and I am in love with your desk!

Latest posts

Back