CACI mis-sold ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandstones

Reaction score
Hi, last year I showed interest in a CACI machine and had the rep to visit me who gave me the prices. I was impressed by the brand and on the second visit by the rep, I went for the Ultra machine, even though it was a massive layout for me and a big gamble, there was only 1 other salon within 5 miles, which didn't promote CACI at all, and another 15 miles away, I thought I would go for it.

Since then, I have found there is an option to hire the machine, rather than buy it, which the rep didn't tell me about, and I did a search yesterday, and within 2 months of me buying the machine, according to the salon finder on the CACI website, another 4 salons have appeared just over 5 miles away, and another 5 on top of that within 15 miles. I was given the impression by the rep, CACI was a premium brand, and we would do well from it, as no-one else really did it in the area. In 2 months, I've only made around £300 back, even though I've heavily marketed it, and I think it is due to it not being as exclusive as it put to us.

I'm not sure if I've been a little naive or whether it has been mis-sold as the hire option wasn't offered to me. I like the CACI machine and would like to continue with it, but in all honest £11,500 could've been better spent elsewhere, and a hire option would've been better. Any thoughts anyone please ?

Thanks in advance.
Heather x

I can't see how it's been mis-sold. As soon as you bought one the salesman just likely went to the competition and sold it to them by using you as a case study. No exclusivity was offered legally from the sounds of it so no issues there. He said it's an exclusive brand to professionals which of course, due to the cost, only salons etc. are going to buy it.

Regarding not offering you hire, it's not 100% great but it's a sales tactic. If you said you weren't interested/it's too expensive, he probably would have then offered the hire option.

Did you do any market research to see if any potential clients were interested in that type of treatment at the kind of cost your charging?

Gosh that’s a tough lesson but everyone makes some mistakes along the way.
I agree with @BannerPenguin that the salesman isn’t really at fault here.
This is a prime example of caveat emptor or buyer beware.
As the purchaser, it’s up to you to do your research and risk assessment for the potential benefits as well as pitfalls of investing in a particular treatment.
Keep on pushing the benefits of the treatment and think of the experience as a useful life lesson.

Remember the mantra:
Do you need it, will you use it, is it worth it, can you buy it or hire it any cheaper elsewhere?

I can't see how it's been mis-sold. As soon as you bought one the salesman just likely went to the competition and sold it to them by using you as a case study. No exclusivity was offered legally from the sounds of it so no issues there. He said it's an exclusive brand to professionals which of course, due to the cost, only salons etc. are going to buy it.

Regarding not offering you hire, it's not 100% great but it's a sales tactic. If you said you weren't interested/it's too expensive, he probably would have then offered the hire option.

Did you do any market research to see if any potential clients were interested in that type of treatment at the kind of cost your charging?

Don't get me wrong, it is creating an interest and I am getting bookings, there should be a good relationship between the customer and supplier and I feel because I've not been given all the purchase options, it has tainted the relationship a little. I'm still 100% behind the brand, and I think I market it the best in my area, I'm just taken back by how many places now have a machine. I'm sure not all of them could have bought it and feel they have been given an easier financial introduction to the brand to see how it goes. Time will tell, I'm just annoyed that I could've hired it, and used the capital I had for other training in different treatments. I know it was a gamble when I did it, and fingers crossed it will pay off in the long run.

Latest posts

Back