Calgel/Biosculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty-lou

Reaction score
hi ive just trained in gel nails using the salonsystem profile and was looking for a branded gel to use do you have to do separate courses for these brands to buy and use them?

I have never used calgel so I'm not sure if they require it to purchase...but Bio does. However it is always a good rule to do the conversion course whenever changing product lines. You'll get a much better working knowledge of the products and have fewer issues and questions down the line.

okay thankyou :) what other brands have you tried?

I know you have to do a conversion course by Bio Sculpture to be able to order products from them. I believe it is the same for many High End sytems & quite probably the same for Calgel... (If you wanted to use Calgel give them a good research, but I've heard off this forum that they yellow if overcured. Thats been the only thing that put me off using that system)... ;)

okay thankyou :) what other brands have you tried?

as mentioned I have used Bio Sculpture...that's what I originally trained with.
At the moment I use mainly Brisa gel from CND it's a buff off gel which is what the majority of my clients need/want. I also use Axxium by O.P.I which is a soak off gel...manly for natural nail overlays.

hiya

I use bio now and cant speak highly enough of it to be honest with you. It has changed my business and my outlook completely!!

i have also used, NCO london, IBD, NSI, Palms which are hard gels so you cant really compare them to bio. The only thing i would day is that with harder gels as you buff them off there is alot more dust where as with bio being a soak off theres no dust and in my opinion alot cleaner to work with.

You do have to do training with Bio to use their products and its not cheap but well worth it xx

hi ive just trained in gel nails using the salonsystem profile and was looking for a branded gel to use do you have to do separate courses for these brands to buy and use them?

Yes you do.

I seem to remember you have to keep doing refresher courses to be able to keep your certificate with Calgel but I'm not sure if that is still the case.This was what I was told by Calgel at one of the shows (Excel I think) about6 years ago when I was deciding whether to do Bio Sculpture or Calgel

With Bio Sculpture it is optional to do extra courses & you don't loose your certificate.

So I chose Bio Sculpture!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone sorry haven't been on here awhile I decided with NSI really getting on well with it and my clients love it to :)

Thanks everyone sorry haven't been on here awhile I decided with NSI really getting on well with it and my clients love it to :)

Are you using NSI hard gel system? To use bio sculpture or Calgel you have to train with them. I choose bio sculpture at the time and now wish id choosen Calgel as ive experienced poor c/s (or lack of it). I no longer use it now because of this, its a good product if you want a soak off gel system.

I am using the hard gel it's NSI balance system great to work with

Latest posts

Back