Calgel/Biosculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazac

Reaction score
Hi I currently use calgel and gelish.. I use my LED lamp for gelish but then have to use Uv for calgel..

I have just read that biosculpture CAN now be cured with LED.. Has anyone switched from calgel to biosculpture and what do you prefer, I'm very tempted I do love calgel but looked at some colours with bio and they looks amazing as well lol xxc
Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

BioSculpture can be cured under led aslong as its in the new pot style. I use it and have some clients who love it but to be honest shellac has taken over my business and BioSculpture isn't as popular for me anymore X

I use bio sculpture and yes its led 30 second cure if new pots.
I'm other way round at the moment and was thinking of taking on calgel as I love some of their colours! X

Awe really. I don't have any issues with calgel (apart from yellowing and some colours) was just liked the led option. That's good to know are they same price as calgel xx

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

I m currently using Bio sculpture, I also did the calgel a few years go but didn't get on with it. I find Bio a lot better, LED curing for the new style pots but some of the old black pots curing under LED too but NOT all of them! Bio sculpture is more recognisable brand with a good reputation, good luck with who ever you choose!!

Hels

I trained with both and prefer Calgel as a gel product.
I don't like bio sculpture as it doesn't soak off as easily as Calgel and I just prefer the company to deal with on a whole.
And I disagree I think they are equally recognizable from an international std and point of view.

I like fact Calgel is just one gel you don't need different layers it just straight colour and maybe too clear otherwise don't even need use clear if you don't want to.
My clients love it and I love it.

I also have Nsi polish pro led as some clients prefer the thinner app and the feel and the colours avail.
Two completely diff markets, my Led clients hate traditional gel and my gel clients hate led gel polish
So it down to individual preferences.

This is my personal opinion: not open to having an argument with a bio sculpture fan today please.

Bio is a traditional gel product like Calgel that is UV & LED curable (It isn't a gel polish, or a different product all together. :))

I hadn't heard of Calgel until the bio training. To which I found they sounded very similar!

But id worked in a salon using Bio so went with that.

There is no right or wrong, just personal preference.

If you use cal gel why not find someone offering LED bio & give them a go for your own nails, see if you like the product & results?

Im still on UV Bio personally, my lamp isn't old, I have new bulbs Im still yet to use, & some stock of old Bio gels!

As far as Im aware, You'd have to do at least a conversion course to be able to purchase Bio sculpture, so might be worth calling them?

Xx

Latest posts

Back