Calgel driving me mad!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chez2501

Reaction score
Can anyone help me....
I am a calgel user not trained. I like the french manicure look so I decided to buy calgel as I was sick of doing my nails every couple of days.

The problem is the white gel cures perfectly but when I put the pink gel on and cure for 3 mins I can wipe half of it off with the calguard afterwards. Whats happening can anyone help meeeeeee!!! :cry:

Hiya ... Have you had any gel training....?

Can anyone help me....
I am a calgel user not trained. I like the french manicure look so I decided to buy calgel as I was sick of doing my nails every couple of days.

The problem is the white gel cures perfectly but when I put the pink gel on and cure for 3 mins I can wipe half of it off with the calguard afterwards. Whats happening can anyone help meeeeeee!!! :cry:

I hate to point out the obvious, but there's your problem...above, highlighted in red. If you did train with Calgel you would know what the issue is and how to rectify this.

I only know of one place that you can purchase Calgel without training....ebay! Calgel themselves dont support the sale of products here, nor the use of them without their training

I wish you all the luck in the world if you are going to go on and train but until then I hope you don't mind if I politely decline to share further knowledge that I paid well for and worked hard for.

As an aside...do you fix your own washing machine if it breaks and then expect a plumber to bail you out free when it doesn't work?

Please don't take this all the wrong way.....just a friendly way of pointing out that you would be far better becoming a professional....or leaving it to them!:hug:

No I'm using calgel, that a friend has let me use in her salon. She has no idea why the white gel is curing and not the pink...and she is trained.
Thanks for the negativity!!!!!!

I only asked as it might have been that although you had no Calgel training you may have been trained in another brand of gel...but Lindsey is 100% right in that Calgel do not sell to anyone without training first.

She is also correct in saying that with NO gel training in nails at all you will struggle and find it hard...There was no negativity in Lyndsey's reply...just honesty. This is a site for professional nails techs and its always professional advise we give. You need to be trained.

No I'm using calgel, that a friend has let me use in her salon. She has no idea why the white gel is curing and not the pink...and she is trained.
Thanks for the negativity!!!!!!

Honestly...not meant as negativity. Just trying to protect an industry that I love, that has a hard enough time because of untrained or badly trained users giving us hard working prefessionals a bad name.

If your friend is trained, then Calgel will be only too happy to help her trouble shoot the issue, I assure you. Suggest she contacts them direct.

Fair enough, but I have been to have them professionally done costing £40 and even then it peeled off. So why should I pay to be trained when some trained professionals cant get it right, its suppose to last 4 weeks it started to peel off within a week. Cant win either way. This salongeek said ask the professionals I have and I still cant get an answer until I train with calgel and pay a fortune!!

Unfortunately training alone doesn't make for a great nails tech....as in any profession there are those who are good and others not so. I would have gone back if they peeled off after 1 week.

If you don't want to do the training then I would find a better nail tech....there are lots and lots who use Calgel and don't get any problems....so its not the product.

i use calgel and its fantastic gel BUT when i got my training kit ( about a week before training ) i had a play with it and i had major prob with lifting, even though i had trained with a previous gel so had some background knowledge, i now use it with confidence and no complaints. why dont you bite the bullet and go for the training you wont regret it !

I hate to point out the obvious, but there's your problem...above, highlighted in red. If you did train with Calgel you would know what the issue is and how to rectify this.

I only know of one place that you can purchase Calgel without training....ebay! Calgel themselves dont support the sale of products here, nor the use of them without their training

I wish you all the luck in the world if you are going to go on and train but until then I hope you don't mind if I politely decline to share further knowledge that I paid well for and worked hard for.

As an aside...do you fix your own washing machine if it breaks and then expect a plumber to bail you out free when it doesn't work?

Please don't take this all the wrong way.....just a friendly way of pointing out that you would be far better becoming a professional....or leaving it to them!:hug:

Couldn't agree more Lyndsay:hug:

I use Calgel and they stay on until I remove them both on myself and clients.

My suggestion would be to get trained or find another tech.

Please contact Karen @ Calgel 01582 798920 - i will be more than happy to trouble shoot with you and also offer advice on training.

Fair enough, but I have been to have them professionally done costing £40 and even then it peeled off.

Your right to be annoyed about this ! Did you go back and complain?

So why should I pay to be trained when some trained professionals cant get it right,

Basically if your 'just stabbing' in the dark and 'winging' how to apply a product, with the only experience and knowledge you've had of it being applied has obviously been a rather poor one - HOW ON EARTH can you expect it to work?

its suppose to last 4 weeks it started to peel off within a week

i'd day YES it can last 4 weeks on a very careful client who looks after her nails and follows the after care AND DOESNT PICK....but your more likely to get 2 - 3 weeks.

. Cant win either way. This salongeek said ask the professionals I have and I still cant get an answer until I train with calgel and pay a fortune!!

Please dont take this the wrong way:green: but on this site you have extremely dedicated, passionate, experienced, professionals, , Calgel is a PROFESSIONAL product not supplied to the public (unless your talking ebay - when in which case it may not even be what it says in the tin ! )

If you want the best out of the product you need to understand how it works, and how to apply it !

Are you even using the correct lamp???

I'd ring and take up Karen's kind offer, and get yourself on the course...if your really SERIOUS about it, its well worth it.

If not.....find a better nail tech!

Either way best of luck !

AMb xx

if i was you i do the training, and u can earn your money back by doing friends or family :)

I dont get on with gel my self, as i find they dont last long as i am a heavy hander, they break as soon as i get them done!!

I use acrylic, and have acrlic done but i even have to get some one to do them for me, as i dont get the best results! and i can never do my left hand!!! and i tent to rush more on myself:)

Let us no what you gonna do!! If u get trained proba, we here to help then:hug:

Hello lovely ladies, I am a fully qualified nail technician trained in GelN acrylicN fibreGlass and silk. I have been trialing all different types of uv gels now and I can't seem to get as nice a finish at the CalGels I had done on myself, I really liked the the shine and the length of time they lasted on my extended bitten nasties, I have tried looking on the internet for the gels but all I can find is ones on ebay and I don't trust they are genuine, please help. I want to be able to offer this amazing service to my clients. :)

Hello lovely ladies, I am a fully qualified nail technician trained in GelN acrylicN fibreGlass and silk. I have been trialing all different types of uv gels now and I can't seem to get as nice a finish at the CalGels I had done on myself, I really liked the the shine and the length of time they lasted on my extended bitten nasties, I have tried looking on the internet for the gels but all I can find is ones on ebay and I don't trust they are genuine, please help. I want to be able to offer this amazing service to my clients. :)

Although this is a very old thread, the advice remains the same, ie. contact the authorised distributors for all things Calgel related:

Calgel Training | izabellehammon.com

Hello. I am unfamiliar with how to use salon geek, forgive me. I live in Texas United States. What are my training/info sources for calgel in my area?

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello. I am unfamiliar with how to use salon geek, forgive me. I live in Texas United States. What are my training/info sources for calgel in my area?

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

Google will tell you

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

When an appliance fails in my house I fix it myself - it's called self reliance! There are plenty of forums online where experts actually help people by giving them advice. I don't see any problem with someone on this forum helping another out.

When an appliance fails in my house I fix it myself - it's called self reliance! There are plenty of forums online where experts actually help people by giving them advice. I don't see any problem with someone on this forum helping another out.

Good luck with your DIY surgery then. :)

Latest posts

Back