Calgel french - white gel problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmo100

Reaction score
Ive done a quick search and dont think this has been asked before. I am still having big problems with doing the competition white on the calgel french - i paint the white do my smile line look lovely and tidy it goes under lamp and comes out with dimples! Im freeze setting for 30 seconds then going onto next finger - its the only one i have problems with lol

Can anyone suggest a technique? My Calgel trainer was great but think its just me :( Im now fining my lack of confidence is making the situation worse!

When the comp white comes out of the UV lamp with dimples in it, it is normally when the gel has been applied to thickly, if you just do 2 thin coats of the comp white you will get an excellent colour and no dimples!

Sometimes if you just apply a very thin layer of the comp white over the gel again and i mean very thin it covers these over or if you calguard after they've been set just buff down they don't normally go down to far, so buffing gets rid of them and makes the gel thinner as calgel can come across as being abit to thick in appearance.

Its dimpling because it is too thick.Put less on.As you are doing your smile line it is probably pushing it all up and therefore it will be too thick.
You maybe better doing two very thin coats.
Also if you do have a bit of dimpling dont worry too much just wipe and buff then apply your clear they will often just disappear.
Remember your comp white cannot go directly onto the nail, only the sw can do that, comp white needs to go over clear to adhere properly.

are you using a layer of clear on the free edge first? as comp white will shrink back if used directly on the nailplate.. yeah apply thin coats..

Hi - pants ive been applying straight onto nail plate! What a wally -its amazing the wee things you forget - thats right when i do the smile line it makes it worse and more thick - Im going to meg practice tonight with all your advise ive a mother of the bride on Wednesday and i can get it wrong - its funny at the start i was good then the more i have thought about it the worse I have got - just need to practice.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

ix

Latest posts

Back