Calgel glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne91

Reaction score
need help with calgel glitter.

I'm very new to it all and I have a client who wants glitter on all nails. How do you apply the glitter? I've done the ring fingers with red glitter but over a red gel before but unsure how to mix properly and apply etc.

Tia x

need help with calgel glitter.

I'm very new to it all and I have a client who wants glitter on all nails. How do you apply the glitter? I've done the ring fingers with red glitter but over a red gel before but unsure how to mix properly and apply etc.

Tia x
How did you get on Leanne?
I've been wondering the same; & how to finish it smoothly!?!..x

There are 2 ways to do glitter -

1. Mix a small amount of clear gel with the glitter on foil and apply. I find this way difficult to mix the correct amount and waste quite a lot of gel.

2. Apply coloured gel as normal, do not remove sticky layer but brush on glitter and it will stick to the nail. Use a soft brush (eyeshadow brush or similar will do) brush off excess then apply clear gel on top and finish as normal.

I usually do the second way. If doing red glitter do 2 coats of red gel - brush on glitter with soft brush - apply too coat of clear gel - if after this when you wipe over and can still feel the glitter I would do a second coat of clear gel. Some of the glitters are more coarse than others. We do loads of glitter over calgel and also shellac.

Hop this helps

Diane x

Latest posts

Back