Calgel Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyemunique

Reaction score
Hi there,

Ok, so, I currently use NSI Balance UV Gel in my little salon. I did my training with NSI and feel most comfortable using their products. However, people keep coming into my salon and ask if I do Calgel nails. I say that I do gels but use a different brand.

The thing is, some of the clients have gone to the same salon and are saying they have been told by their technician that Calgel puts conditioners and nutrients into your natural nail and helps to strengthen it so that when you have the overlay taken off, your nails are in really good condition. I am just wondering if this is true? I know that Calgel is a soak off gel rather than a buff off, but I am just wondering if this is really possible.

I have looked on the Calgel website and at the Calgel adverts in Scratch and they don't use this to sell their products. I have even tried calling Calgel to find out the answer but they were unable to tell me.

Please help as I am always looking to train in new things, but I am reluctant to train in Calgel as I love the NSI Gel, however if Calgel can benefit my clients, it would be great.

It is only this one salon I have heard say this so I am not sure if they are saying it to con clients to go to them.

Sorry if this is really obvious.

Natalie

xx

I would really appreciate some info on this cos I

I have even tried calling Calgel to find out the answer but they were unable to tell me.

If it was true then surely they would know...?? I have used and been a client of calgel and its a good gel but I am sure its still acrylic just like every other system is...and non of them have these talked off additives.

I think there is sometimes alot of hype floating around about soak off gels and how they are kinder to the natural nail...not always by the companies but often by the techs that use them.

No system just sat there on the nail is going to cause damage...its all in the tech using them and the client wearing them.

maybe when these clients call asking about Calgel is your opportunity to educate them...sell yourself and your product. Best of luck x

Thanks for that.
x

I agree that it may be some of the Calgel techs expanding upon the virtues of the gel!

I am trained in Calgel, and was never taught any such thing about nutrients etc. However, I was told that it did not contain acrylic. So there was some stretching of the truth there.

I've experienced the same attitude with some of my Bio clients. They are absolutely sure nothing else is as gentle and kind to the nail!!!

If NSI works for you, I wouldn't waste all the money training in Calgel. Use the opportunity to retail some cuticle oil, to get those 'nutrients' in there!:)

Good luck.

I have used both NSI and Calgel.

I don't know about all the nutrients etc however when I take Calgel off my nails are in really good condition and clients adore how good their nails are after removing Calgel, in comparison to other systems that they have used.

I never found my nails great after removing NSI

hth's

I agree that it may be some of the Calgel techs expanding upon the virtues of the gel!

I am trained in Calgel, and was never taught any such thing about nutrients etc. However, I was told that it did not contain acrylic. So there was some stretching of the truth there.

I've experienced the same attitude with some of my Bio clients. They are absolutely sure nothing else is as gentle and kind to the nail!!!

If NSI works for you, I wouldn't waste all the money training in Calgel. Use the opportunity to retail some cuticle oil, to get those 'nutrients' in there!:)

Good luck.

Thanks for your advice, I think you are right. I will try that. I have never had any problems with NSI and as it is a buff off, I encouage clients to have regular manicures when they want them removing and I buff the gel down rather than removing it.

xx

I'm just about to do some training in Calgel because the salon I'll be working for are changing products. All the clients now having the calgel absolutely love it so they're changing to solely using calgel from now on.

Latest posts

Back