Calgel or Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellehayley

Reaction score
I already do Ez Flow Acrylics and wanting to go into Gel. Which make is the best Calgel or Bio sculpture?

Do they go ok alongside of Acrylics - or will people just choose acrylic still?

Whats the training on these systems like?

Please tell me everything you know.:idea:

I already do Ez Flow Acrylics and wanting to go into Gel. Which make is the best Calgel or Bio sculpture?

If you put Calgel and Bio into the search feature you will find tonnes on this subject. Both systems have a great rep and are very similar. If you search you'll find lots of info.
hths:)

My personal opinion is that if you allow the client to compare the results given by Acrylics and Gel they would choose Gel for the natural results it gives.

I decided to use Calgel and love it, would never look back!

I can't help you on the Calgel/Bio question, but I do use Gel (Brisa) alongside L+P...... Tbh, most of my clients have stuck with L+P - it's definitely what I feel most comfortable doing and what most of my clients know and love (I trained in L+P first and introduced gel 18 months later).

Saying that, I love having an alternative to offer - one system wont suit all clients...... Also, some clients are adament on what they want - so if they ring and say 'do you do gel?' if you say no they'll go elsewhere....... Gel toes are a fab little earner, and it's all part of being a well-rounded tech having more than 1 trick up your sleeve!

If you want an honest opinion on the Calgel/Bio issue, PM Minkus - she's used both and can give you the benefit of her wisdom!!!

hth's

I will add to what Yvette said but you also need to consider the fact there is also a difference between the softer soakable gels like Bio and Calgel and the traditional gels like Brisa etc.

The Bio and Calgel ones are alot softer and might not give enough strength that some clients may need so you need to also take into account the comparison to the other gel systems as well which are stronger than Bio and Calgel. Although I have lots of clients that love the flexibility of Bio.

I currently use Bio Sculpture but am also taking on board one of the harder gels too, which I think is going to be NSI balance gel.

Minkus is your woman who has used both Bio and Calgel.

I use CND L&P, Brisa & Calgel. I really love being able to offer a hard and soft gel.

My personal opinion is that if you allow the client to compare the results given by Acrylics and Gel they would choose Gel for the natural results it gives.

I decided to use Calgel and love it, would never look back!
I disagree... every system can look natural, it depends on the skill of the technician.

Have a look at the pic I've attached...
Those nails are as natural as you can get, done with Creative L+P by our very own Gigi :green:

Attachments

• Gigi Solar Poster.jpg
    Gigi Solar Poster.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 4,628
Hi why not stick with EzFlow they do a fantasic gel system!!!! your local training centre is in Donaster the number is 01302 340550

I do already use Ez Flow Gel but want a softer one too, had clients asking - Ive heard they are ideal for damaged nails too. Going to G mex on Monday to try it.

Let us know which you choose, as I am in the same dilema. I have researched them both and they are practically identical as far as I can see. x

Just to let you know, if you are going to the Manchester show this weekend, that Calgel are doing 2 ANT Nail Forum seminars on their gel system (Sunday at 12noon and Monday at 2.00). You may it helps before you make up your mind.

They are a great company and have been really supportive helping with the ANT Nail Forum.

hi
Been in the same dilemma myself for the last few weeks and finally yesterday I ordered my starter kit for calgel(the nno one) The customer service so far has been excellent and the kit looks fab. I was a bit hesitant about the kit as I dont like them if half the stuff is irrelevant but it looks very good. The kit comes with a dvd which I watched earlier and the application looks straight forward. Cant wait to try it out tonight!!!

Good luck with your decision but I am pleased I finally went with Calgel

laura

There is very little difference between the bio and calgel gels. I changed from Bio Sculpture to Calgel a couple of years ago as the customer service with Calgel is excellent. I don't do acrylic anymore as i love calgel and so do all my clients and we also get quite a few clients that phone us looking for calgel specifically as it has excellent PR.

I find it has enough strength and the selection of colours is fab.

Thats really good to hear about Calgel coz ive been pondering over gels too over the last few months. I trained in L+P at NSI and I know they do the Balance gel but wanted to use a product that was a bit kinder to the natural nail, am I right in thinking that Calgel is a soakable gel? I don't really fancy the idea of having to buff gel off nails:rolleyes:. I have booked a place at the Calgel seminar at Prof Beauty North on Sunday, so cant wait!!:lol:

Thats really good to hear about Calgel coz ive been pondering over gels too over the last few months. I trained in L+P at NSI and I know they do the Balance gel but wanted to use a product that was a bit kinder to the natural nail, am I right in thinking that Calgel is a soakable gel? I don't really fancy the idea of having to buff gel off nails:rolleyes:. I have booked a place at the Calgel seminar at Prof Beauty North on Sunday, so cant wait!!:lol:
Now im confused....surely the gel you are currently using is not damaging the natural nail??

Now im confused....surely the gel you are currently using is not damaging the natural nail??
You're right, it most certainly won't be the gel causing the damage.

The only damage done by using professional products will be by a tech who hasn't mastered how to use their abrasive.

With the correct training there won't be any damage done to a nail by using either a buff off or a soak off gel.

I'm not a gel user, i'm trained in acrylic and was just looking at the different opinions on the above mentioned gels, just something I was thinking about. I've not tried any gels yet that's why i'm having a look at weekend at what's on offer at G-Mex and booked a place at the Calgel seminar. Didn't mean to confuse you :).

Sorry i've only had brief training on a beauty therapy course with gel, is brisa a buff off or soak off gel??? :rolleyes: Thinking about investing in calgel over brisa now lol i'm so fickle!

Sorry i've only had brief training on a beauty therapy course with gel, is brisa a buff off or soak off gel??? :rolleyes: Thinking about investing in calgel over brisa now lol i'm so fickle!
Brisa is a buff off gel.

hth's

You're right, it most certainly won't be the gel causing the damage.

The only damage done by using professional products will be by a tech who hasn't mastered how to use their abrasive.

With the correct training there won't be any damage done to a nail by using either a buff off or a soak off gel.

I think the way I worded myself before wasn't quite right:irked:. I didn't mean to imply that any gel system wasn't kind to the natural nail I was thinking more in terms of removal. I have been doing acrylics for 3 years now, I haven't done any training in any gel system it was something I was thinking about. I'm just used to doing soak offs, so I do agree with what you are saying that with the correct training there won't be any damage to the natural nail plate.

Teach me to try and talk about something I don't know much about!!! Lol :lol:.

Latest posts

Back