Calgel or Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of all my clients I have about 4 or 5 who have l&p - the rest love bio gel. The minority who love l&p are pickers and serial biters...and they still pick & bite their l&ps but in their mind the system is stronger.

To say to someone dont go for it is a bit unfair.
And btw if someone came on here slating a creative product there would be an uproar - why should it be ok for you to slate a perfectly good proven product such as bio?

I say have a trial nail done see if you like it - if you dont then that will be an easier decision to make.

It took me a while to get to grips with bio.

The only downside is it is expensive.

But infills take half the time of l&p...I absolutely hate l&p rebalances, bio is a simple whiteblock the fill line area.

I would say the majority of people ONLY need an overlay...NOT a full set of enhancements.

Out of all my clients I have about 4 or 5 who have l&p - the rest love bio gel. The minority who love l&p are pickers and serial biters...and they still pick & bite their l&ps but in their mind the system is stronger.

To say to someone dont go for it is a bit unfair.
And btw if someone came on here slating a creative product there would be an uproar - why should it be ok for you to slate a perfectly good proven product such as bio?

I say have a trial nail done see if you like it - if you dont then that will be an easier decision to make.

It took me a while to get to grips with bio.

The only downside is it is expensive.

But infills take half the time of l&p...I absolutely hate l&p rebalances, bio is a simple whiteblock the fill line area.

I would say the majority of people ONLY need an overlay...NOT a full set of enhancements.
can i ask hun,that people who are heavy handed,and no matter wgat after care advice is given,can they cope with Biosculpture for sculptured extensions,to begin with,and then eventually go on to overlays in french,clear or coloured?

Or is it purely pschycoligical?

Hi

I think if nail techs cant give their honest opinion on a product, then freedom of speach and choice has defo gone out of the window!! Not all products suit everyone and being negative about a product is not wrong if it is not suitable and has issues. If I had issues with Creative then Id be the first to say, but I have never had any, and I love their products.

Unfortunately We all cant agree on every product out there, I wish we could, but thats why there is so much choice out there.

I did say to be truthful, that bio gel has its good points in certain areas, and may not suit all clients, but is good for others, so Im sorry but I was not being totally negative about it!

I just dont want other techs to waste stacks of cash on a product like I did! I would recommend creative and NSI any day, which I have used and found to be very good.

I do agree with the advice on trying them out for yourself, and wear them for a good few weeks, to see the changes in your enhancements and see how they look and feel after time. then maybe try another make such as calgel then try brisa and then you have at least 3 to compare with.

good luck ;0)

As a Bio tech and previous Bio client I have no issues with Bio as a product. Yes, its not as hard as other gels.....I love that about it. The nails are beautiful and flexible, and don't break if applied properly, and are strong and beautiful underneath too.

And I get no issues with tearing during filing and infilling as has been previously discussed, if I use the right files, and I get no issues with lifting if I use the right prep products...and even if I don't, I've never found a system that lifts less. I have once or twice, banged Bio on my own nails as a quick fix for an event or night out, with nothing more than a wipe with sanitiser....expecting the nails to come off after a few days....3 weeks later they are still needing a re-balance because of re-growth, but absolutely no lifting.

I've never suffered seperation at the free edge...there is no shrinkage with Bio, which I have found with other gels...and whislt Calgel isn't bad, it does shrink slightly more than Bio.

Its not great over tips, but then it wasn't really designed to be so. It was designed originally to be a sculpting system and if you have strength issues over tips, I strongly recommend the sculpting workshop...it cuts down your time, costs and improves the life of the enhancements....a no brainer really.

I also get people come to me and ASK for Bio Sculpture. I know the early days marketing of the product was 'questionable', but hell, its got me a lot of cutomers, and I certainly explain Bio to them properly, including aftercare, so they aren't taken in by some the marketing and yet they still just love it.

In fact the only area Calgel has the edge (what I'm saying is they are equal in 99% of area's to me) really is customer service....something I keep telling Bio, but :rolleyes:...it's frustrating and I don't think they really listen!

If i could afford it, I would convert to Calgel and have BOTH systems in my portfolio. However, the point of this is if you are properly trained and utilse the system correctly, you will have no proble with either gel.

And yes a soft gel and a hard gel is a great idea....I have a hard gel for clients who just want french or natural week in week out, and Bio for those who enjoy the versatility!

A lot of the techs I have spoken to switched to other gels Ie Brisa which are so much better and have never looked back, now if it was there application then they would get the same issues, but If so so many techs/clients had the same issues then its the product!

Every system is different and has its own unique challenges and tricks. Just because a person has mastered one system does not mean they may not have problems with another system. I don't think saying Bio must be a poor product because a tech has no lifting problems with a completely different system makes sense. JMHO.

There are many techs who find bio a great product that doesn't lift when applied correctly.

hi i use bio and love it, as an overlay its just great easy to apply no lifting at all ever never, on me or my customers, the only prob i did have that its not suitable over tips on its own, but i apply silk if i tip then no probs, i also scuplt and no probs there now, don't get me wrong i had a few teething problems at first, but the advice i got was great you can even get someone to come out for one to one training which helped me loads, customer service and sales advice its brilliant, i also had teething probs with acrylic when i started out years ago, when i think back i don't know how i carried on, but i went on lots of courses through creative, was on here non stop, so i suppose what i'm saying is with the proper training and determination and reputable product you can't go wrong.
p.s i also use brisa too but went with bio for the amount of fab colours over 90

If people had so many problems with bio then they must have not trained in the system.

It looks easy but the application has to be spot on - just like any other system.

I dont get the fungal bit!!!

One thing you get little or none of is lifting with bio. A lifting nail can often end up in a fungal if left unattended. So how this tech managed to create fungal problems despite good sanitation is bizzare.

The problem was with the tech NOT the product...as usual.

Beautyguru,

yeh most people start of with a full set of sculptures (or mainly just overlays tbh) but with a 3 week infill schedule their own nails will get longer and eventually will just be overlayed. They can soak off - then go for an overlay. Its up to you really.

But the only problem a picker or nibbler would have with bio - is that it is quite elasticy - chewy, if you like - more like real nails than any other product - and these people cant stop chewing their nails - bio is too much of a tempation unless there is a coat of s-gel which will make them more rigid.

These clients must have a buff off gel or l&p imo.
A few clients of mine have even admitted they were lovely to pick - even better to chew. Ha ha..

Well its not easy for me to say but after listening to all you Bio nail techs I must eat my WORDS on being negative:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its funny I heard so much negativity from techs and clients(not mine) that you always figure it must be the product??

Then I hear all Bio Gel techs explaining that Bio is not so good with tips, and I remembered that the clients were having problems with the tips.

I do think its good to express dissapointment in a product, as this post shows ists not always as black and white as it seems after reading these posts, I EAT MY WORDS LOL but I was right on the tip issue though lol:lol::lol:

I Have learnt to keep an open mind on products though, even when there seems to be issues, it could be for a reason!

:hug:

Well its not easy for me to say but after listening to all you Bio nail techs I must eat my WORDS on being negative:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its funny I heard so much negativity from techs and clients(not mine) that you always figure it must be the product??

Then I hear all Bio Gel techs explaining that Bio is not so good with tips, and I remembered that the clients were having problems with the tips.

I do think its good to express dissapointment in a product, as this post shows ists not always as black and white as it seems after reading these posts, I EAT MY WORDS LOL but I was right on the tip issue though lol:lol::lol:

I Have learnt to keep an open mind on products though, even when there seems to be issues, it could be for a reason!

:hug:

That's great of you to take this all on board and to come back with an open mind. Thanks for clarifying your thoughts on Bio. We're a fiercely passionate bunch about our systems of choice! Good luck to you. :hug:

I'm having real trouble setting my calgel! Any tips?!

I'm having real trouble setting my calgel! Any tips?!

Your question will be lost here in this thread......
Why don't you start a new thread and tell us what exact problems you are having with Calgel? There are a lot of experienced Calgel users to help you on here.

Latest posts

Back