Calling all bio geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SabrinaD

Reaction score
Attended the Bio Sculpure course yesterday - it was just down the road from me and no model was required - bargin!

Had a great day - thought I was doing someting wrong as it all seemed so simple!

To any Bio Sculpture technicians, I would really like to know do you stick to Bio products religiously? What are your most popular colours?

Really looking forward to getting to know the product better so any advise, do's or dont's would be great.

x

SabrinaD said:
Attended the Bio Sculpure course yesterday - it was just down the road from me and no model was required - bargin!

Had a great day - thought I was doing someting wrong as it all seemed so simple!

To any Bio Sculpture technicians, I would really like to know do you stick to Bio products religiously? What are your most popular colours?

Really looking forward to getting to know the product better so any advise, do's or dont's would be great.

x

Hi Sabrina

Glad you enjoyed your biosculpture course yesterday. Its a lovely product.

I dont mix biosculpture gels with anything else, except glitter with the clear gel. I use all their products for the process of the applicantion or removal. I use the sanitiser, gel remover, antifungal and nail varnish remover, also the shiney top coat. I suppose some people dont mind using other brands of top coats...Not sure about the other produts.

The most popular colours seem to vary depending on what your clients like and the season. Number 9, 10, 2024, 22, 2023, 60 are popular during the winter months. Numbers 7, 2001, 2002 and the other lighter shades during the Summer months.

There are about 3 new colours available at the moment for it. Just ask biosculpture for samples of them...

Hi Sabrina

Congratulations on passing yoru course - You'll love Bio Sculpture.

Now that we're coming in to autumn I would get some darker colours as my clients like to have a change at this time of the year. No 21 is very popular. I also do a few 15 and 2020. Just found out, to my cost, that 2005 (glitter) isn't worth bothering with as it's hardly glittery.
Get some of the new s gel - it's stronger and may be required for your clients that like the feeling of rock hard nails! Don't forget needs to be filed off and can't go on natrural nail. Instructions come with the tub as it is different from their normal gel.

Sealer gel is great to put over your coloured gels as it gives a beautiful shine and seals in the colour.

The only other product that I have started to use with Bio Sculpture is Brisa white gel paint. It is so easy to appy and stays totally white between services. I'm hoping that it will be available in soft white too! You have to file this off and this is easily done at every infill.

Keep your gel away from the cuticle and keep it thin at the edges and you'll be fine.

hi fellow BIO geek !!

I love bio i use it on 90% of my clients they all pretty much have thier own nails now and i just do overlays.

For tips i prefer to use another gel ie lcn/brisa or tip and dip backscratchers as in my experience bio alone over tips doesnt work well (for me anyway).

My clients tend to have boring french !! the no 2 french pink and the french white.

Good colours are, candy floss, sugar kiss , funky fuschia, hot pink, pink tiara, the new pink think its 60 is lovely too, erm.....claret, sweet toffee, are a few to get you going !!

good luck

amb x

Thats for th advise - love the product already!

Can you tell me when you are supposed to use the anti fungal spray? Only just realised that we were not shown this.

x

Hi Sabrina

Another Bio geek here !

Before you start any treatment, spray the anti-fungal over the client's hands and nails ... I also like to apply the spray to my hands at the same time.

There are many popular colours and over a period of time, you will get a better idea as to which colours you and your clients prefer ... besides that, it will take quite some time for any Bio geek to acquire the entire collection of 60+ !

I have just purchased one of the new colours ... Black Aubergine (2031), which is no doubt going to be a very popular winter colour.

Good luck and enjoy using this wonderful product.

I have heard a lot about bio sculpture. Is it expensive to learn and do the course?

yep - BUT you get what you pay for !

Kit i think at the show is about £300 - usually its £400 well that was last years prices.

hth

Thanks

amb x

Thank you, is the training one day and does your kit have enough to get started?

Hi Zoe,

I brought my kit at Earls Court so it was £355 including training if you are already a qualified nail tech. If I had brought the kit otherwise it would have cost £415.

Have seen the Aubergine colour so and love it so think this will be one of my first colours!

Glad to know there are other Bio techs on here and am sure you will herre from me soon if I have any problems.

training is one day, yep thats sufficient if you are already a practising nail tek.

Erm from memory it gives you everything you need to get going, all your prep products, anti fungal, etc one small colour, 1 small sculpting gel, 1 10 mil clear dont remember there being a white but this was a year or so ago so maybe ask someone who recently bought one!

You would want the french pink and french white and possibly some colours to get you up and running.

hth

amb x

MINKUS said:
training is one day, yep thats sufficient if you are already a practising nail tek.

Erm from memory it gives you everything you need to get going, all your prep products, anti fungal, etc one small colour, 1 small sculpting gel, 1 10 mil clear dont remember there being a white but this was a year or so ago so maybe ask someone who recently bought one!

You would want the french pink and french white and possibly some colours to get you up and running.

hth

amb x

Yes mine came with everything - i got two small color pots (a fusia & red), small french white, small scuplting gel, small sealer and small clear gel. Everything to get you started.

janeburrows said:
Get some of the new s gel - it's stronger and may be required for your clients that like the feeling of rock hard nails! Don't forget needs to be filed off and can't go on natrural nail. Instructions come with the tub as it is different from their normal gel.

just wondering how anyone's getting on with the new 'S' gel??? just got soe and done a few sets with it, seems good, but obviously not seen it after a few weeks for rebalancing yet... any opinions???

hey girlies. I used to use Bio at nails inc, but i always found it a bit rubbery. Has it changed at all over the last couple of years? I havnt used it for well over 2 years! if i remember rightly it discoloured very easily?

Im thinking about maybe buying it in at Gmex.

Why do you like it so much for your clients?

Do any of you or have any of you ever experienced probs with it lifting?

how does it perform any differently to IBD coloured Gels?

xxxx (p.s. sorry to hijack the thread a little bit lol)

Katelisa said:
hey girlies. I used to use Bio at nails inc, but i always found it a bit rubbery. Has it changed at all over the last couple of years?

hi KATE i have used it for a year now - rubbery....hmm flexible is a better word but in a word YEP but in a good way. Has it changed yep they have indroduced the new 's'gel

I havnt used it for well over 2 years! if i remember rightly it discoloured very easily?

it CAN do - depends on the client...some have no probs some do - s gel helps that and good after care.

Im thinking about maybe buying it in at Gmex.

go for it...why bother to use polish or spend ages waiting for layers of FRENCH to dry? have em in and out in 40 mins for a french overlay good profit lasts 3 times as long - adds some strenght to the nail into the bargain

Why do you like it so much for your clients?

CAUSE ITS ACE...i never use polish anymore as soon as i show them all the colours and tell them about it....its SOLD - very loyal client base too.

Do any of you or have any of you ever experienced probs with it lifting?

never ever ever ever have i had it lift Ever ...YOU GET THE IDEA !

how does it perform any differently to IBD coloured Gels?

Cant help u there never used it BUT....its a soak off Clients like that.

xxxx (p.s. sorry to hijack the thread a little bit lol)

Hope i have helped matey pm me if ya want.

OKay I am going to amaze you all and eat my words about Bio! When I was with Sarajane (flyby night) at EC she wanted a demo as was interested in buying it. So as I had nails au naturel I had the demo done on me.

Well 3 weeks later and there is nothing that I can get my teeth into, or pick at. Normaly I fiddle and fiddle with overlays and they have never lasted more than a few days as I am a picker extraordinaire. So I think I might actually get some at Excel next year. (it's such a shame that they diss other products & systems the way they do, but I guess they are not the only ones, and their advertising is a lot better than it was!)

Okay you can get up, as you know some of you will have fallen off your chairs in shock. What can I say, if I had a hat I'd guess I'd have to eat it now!!

Amb is spot on about Biosculpture Kate. Think if you get your kit at GMex it will be at a reduced price of £355 instead of £400. Your training day is included in the price...

does it ever chip at the free edge? I have a few younger clients who have gel french, but they manage to chip it because they are generally a bit more heavy handed than the older clients.

thanks for your replies!! :cool:

Personally I dont recommend biosculpture for heavy handed client. Maybe your IBD will be ideal for them!

What sort of cost do you charge your clients with Bio Gel, is it in the same cost bracket as your full l&p or other gel enhancements?

I am getting to grips with Brisa atm, but unsure if I want to go for Bio as a 2nd gel or not. I love the idea of the colours and soak off. Oh decisions decisions!

Latest posts

Back