Calling all Jamaican Geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milliondollars

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm planning to move out to Jamaica the beginning of next year with my partner and was just wondering how things worked out there...
I'm going to bring all my certificates etc, do you have beauty wholesalers there in the same way we do in Uk or is most ordering done online?
I wanted to familiarise myself with any systems that are used over there in case I can't get hold of the systems I'm used too! I currently use CND and Nsi mainly.
Also, what treatments are particularly popular out there? Ie nails/waxing/massage etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance lovelies xxx

None of you out there?? X

i got married in Jamaica in 2009, at runnaway bay. there was a hair salon on site, where i had my hair done, but was disapointed that there was no beauty salon where i could have my make up, nails etc done! sorry that isnt really much help, but maybe a niche in the market is to scout hotels/resorts to see if they have no beauty salon?
maybe a way to find out if nothing comes from this thread is to look up hotels in Jamaica, salons, email say you are thinking of getting married there, enquire treatments, prices, what brands they use???

Thanks for that advice!
Yes I know that the beauty industry is alive and well in Jamaica so I know there will be plenty of people already doing nails etc. I'm hoping to target the wedding Market with makeup etc, I'm hoping it will be popular over there I'm just finding it really hard visa/work wise! Thanks again for your input xx

You may want to try the beautytech.com website for contacting therapists in Jamaica as well as here :D

We have 7 people registered on the site from Jamaica, but they don't seem to have posted much.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Thanks for that valencian. I will have a look at that site x

Latest posts

Back