Calling all that rent a room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deedee84

Reaction score
Do u have a board or aframe outside to promote yourself or services, anyone recommend where i should order one from not sure if i should get chalk board or one to put poster in??
how are u gaining more clients into ur business as its just me very daunting

Hello,
I have a board outside that I put out each day, which I can print poster of the computer and put in my board daily. I also have my name on the top of the board.
I've found it's help loads because people always go I didn't even know there was anyone here and they keep coming back also get loads of walk ins x

Hi Hun,
Where did you get your board from??
🌸xx

I got it from a little place near me, called signs it's in Radcliffe Manchester

I was told by my local council that its illegal to have a board on a 'public highway' which apparently a footpath is and itd be removed if seen? I dont know if all councils have the same views but just thought id mention it as the last thing y ou want is to get in trouble/have your expensive board removed. X

Ring the council I did and they was fine about it :) x

Not illegal. Varies from council to council. Brighton and Hove you pay about £80 a year for a board licence.

Definately worth having one. Try eBay but check with your council first.

my 2 therapists share an a frame board outside my shop and they advertise in the windows. we also share costs on some advertising, i always offer them space when i am advertising and obviously i push my clients onto them if my clients are interested.

oh and i put their services on my facebook. its all about communication and support. good luck and dont be daunted. u have the best of both worlds.

The hairdressers i'm in are very funny about me advertising anywhere that they class as theirs, i can't even have price lists at the front desk, so i have an a-board.

I actually got a swinger board and had the company laminate it with my business name, contact number and within hairdressers. The company are called apple signs and you can find them on ebay. I really can't recommend them enough, they were fab. Great communication, helped me choose my design, posted it quickly and everyone comments on it.

I actually got a good postage discount too as i was also buying 6 poster frames (2xA4, 2xA3, 2xA2) and i payed about £100 for everything inc postage xx

I too have an A board. I bought the board off ebay and then had Signs in Radcliffe do the graffix on it. All in all it cost £70 in total. I can change the wording etc at a later date because Signs can just peal off the the graffix and replace it. They will even do my rear car window for me for only £25. They are brilliant.

I too have an A board. I bought the board off ebay and then had Signs in Radcliffe do the graffix on it. All in all it cost £70 in total. I can change the wording etc at a later date because Signs can just peal off the the graffix and replace it. They will even do my rear car window for me for only £25. They are brilliant.

There good there ain't they. I just find sometimes it takes a while for them to do anything, do you agree?

must say Flawless thats very mean of the hairdressers not to let u put your pricelists out - whats their problem!

Latest posts

Back