Calling Australian geeks-or anyone who has visited

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachirv

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
Just after a little help and advise off all you lovely australian geeks :)
My boyfriends is currently working in australia for a year and comes home in november. I am going out to visit him for 2 weeks in The middle of august ( i am so so excited). I have never been to australia before and i know that only going for 2 weeks means i wont get to see everything.
So i am just after some recommendations really. He has travelled before so he knows his favourite places so is going to book us things, but i am keen to help plan what we are going to do/see.
He is living in donald in victoria, so i know it will be quite cold there at that time of year so would love to go somewhere nice and hot for a bit too with a nice quiet beach if possible? I dont mind doing travelling around to see different things neither, i just really want to make the most of my trip.
I am open to any ideas, would love to here where you think I shouldn't miss, or where your favourite places are.
Many thanks in advance
Rachel xx

Hi Donald is about 2 hours away from me in country Victoria. It will be cooler in August as we head out of winter.
If you want to go somewhere warm you will most likely have to head to Queensland, but the beaches in Victoria are still lovely in winter-cold but lovely

Hi hun I'm about 3 1/2 hours away from Donald. There isn't a beach close by and August is a little cold that time of year so I agree with Dol to head up to Queensland for warmer climate, even just for a few days (sunshine coast or Gold Coast). Donald is about 2 hours drive from the Grampians which is worth seeing :) have a google of the area and tourist options. Hope that helps xx

Hi. Definitely North Queensland. How about the Barrier Reef? Lots of natural beauty, sea life, boat trips are amazing. Get Googling it, it's paradise. There are also some fabulous islands off the coast of Queensland, too many to mention, you'll need to do some research.

I spent 27 years in Australia and was born there, did loads of travelling in my younger years.

Hi. Definitely North Queensland. How about the Barrier Reef? Lots of natural beauty, sea life, boat trips are amazing. Get Googling it, it's paradise. There are also some fabulous islands off the coast of Queensland, too many to mention, you'll need to do some research.

I spent 27 years in Australia and was born there, did loads of travelling in my younger years.

Yes definitely North Queensland! Silly me there is no comparison between Gold Coast and the north! The whitsundays is amazing but a little expensive xo

Hey I travelled all over Australia came back last year I love Victoria make sure you make time to go into Melbourne. As everyone has mentioned though if you want sun go up to Gold Coast, my suggestion would to do a boat trip around Whitsunday and Great Barrier Reef or Fraser island(my fave ace in the world) your time is limited so I would plan before you go.
Contiki.com do great online packages a little expensive or use travel bugs in any major city when you get there.

I hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back