Calling Creative Nail Tech in Dagenham

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacqui'snewnail

Reaction score
Hi I recently qualified in L&P and live in the dagenham essex area. I am new to this site and wondered whether there were any newies like me living in dagenham who would be able to do a full set of nails on me. My nearest salon charges £40.00 and there is no way I am paying that!! But I definitely need nails on, to promote my new mobile business!! Thanks very much. Jacqui'snewnailxx:smack:

can you do your own nails? as i would want them looking like the ones you wear yourself!!, best form of advertising in my opinion,
welcome to the site btw xx

Jacqui'snewnail said:
Hi I recently qualified in L&P and live in the dagenham essex area. I am new to this site and wondered whether there were any newies like me living in dagenham who would be able to do a full set of nails on me. My nearest salon charges £40.00 and there is no way I am paying that!! But I definitely need nails on, to promote my new mobile business!! Thanks very much. Jacqui'snewnailxx:smack:
Hi and welcome to the site.....
I think that £40 is a good price if the technician is skilled and the enhancements last.
I'm a bit surprised that you think it's expensive, after all, you will be charging for your skills/time too, and the better the skills are the higher the price is (usually)!

:) I can do my left hand lovely, but using my left hand for my right hand is no advert believe me!! Thanks

Jacqui'snewnail said:
:) I can do my left hand lovely, but using my left hand for my right hand is no advert believe me!! Thanks

We've all been there hun,but practise makes perfect and wearing our own enhancements is one of the best forms of advertising,i personally would not want to advertise for someone else,until you perefect or application on your wrong hand,you may be better off sporting a lovely mani,hth x

The thing is how can you use someone else's work as an advertisement for your own business???? I find the best way to do my own is do the difficult hand first and then I do them one or two at a time. Then I do the easy hand.

You will soon find that salon's charge £40 for a reason. To make a profit. They will have worked out their overheads and done a sound profit and loss analysis. This is where so many self employed techs go wrong. They think they can make a living just by undercutting the main salons and go dirt cheap. By the time you've added in your time, your products, advertising, and so on you'd probably earn more working on a checkout. OOh err sounds like I'm preaching but I'm not sorry. In life you mainly get what you pay for.

Ok hearing you all loud and clear!! I thought that if there were any newies out there like me, we could do each others and get more practice etc!! Thank you all for replying! :lol:

Hi Jacqui,

I am in Hornchurch and my prices are very reasonable - £36 for permanent French. I would be happy to do your nails, if you wish. Check out my website for further information.

Also, you may want to come along to the next Essex Geek Meeting. I had one recently but I am sure there will be another in the next month or two.

Thank you for your offer - can I just say that your website is fantastic and your nails look superb! Which is exactly why I am going to take the first few people's advice and do my own nails! I need the practice as I want to be perfect and people to come back to me again and again! Thank you again and if I just cant crack the knack of doing my right hand with my left, I will be in touch for an appointment!! Thanks again. :grr:

Good luck Jacqui and I hope you conquer doing your own nails - it is as the other geeks say the best advert for your services.

Do your right had first, a couple of nails at a time and leave your left hand till last. Patience is what is really needed when doing your own nails.

Hi jacqui and welcome to the site!
I'm also in essex....there are loads of us essex geeks on the site so you won't feel lonely!
As chris said there are always geek meets happening so you should try and get to one if you can as i hear they are great fun (i have been a member on here for ages and still haven't been able to get to a geek meet so i'm dying to get to one!!!)

xx

ps - one piece of advice.....this site is a great source for information so use the search facility, read the articles and tutorials and feel free to ask questions! there are loads of knowledgable geeks on here who are more than happy to help xx

Latest posts

Back