Calling Gelish Hard Gel users!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenfleur

Reaction score
I have just booked onto the GHG course for next month. although very excited, I'm a bit nervous about it not being about the natural nail. I have seen my own nails grow and be more healthily than they have ever been due to Gelish and really promote it as being for the natural nail, which most of my clients love. I have clients wanting extension and the strength that can only come from permanent nails. I guess I'm looking for reassurance that this is the natural progression for me. I guess it's a bit out of the comfort zone. Have any geeks had a similar experience? How popular is GHG for you?

I'm in the same boat as you but haven't booked on course yet. Would love to hear someone's opinion on it! I'm mostly worried about the buff off removal =s

I feel the same too, I use it on myself and love it but am too scared to offer as a service as i would dread removal plus extensions are still a bit rocky and i dont feel 100% confident even though everyone comments how good mine are , so I thought to myself if clients ask for it I will do the course and introduce it :)

I trained in GHG to start with and I absolutely love it:)

As with all other hard gel options (non soak off) you will have to slightly buff the nail with a fine buffer but you will only have to do this once for every part of the nail. You will learn all about how to protect the natural nail on your course (if it's a good, reputable, harnony course). With the correct filing techinques you won't ever have to touch the natural nail with a file. As for removal i recommend e-file training as it will dramatically help with rebalances and removal, not only with gel but also acrylic.

If you want you can train in Brisa Lite with CND instead wich has a soak off builder gel. But if you don't learn the proper filing techniques you can do just as much damage with Brisa Lite as you can with a hard gel.

There will always be customers that need the extra strenght that enhancements products give so you will not regret having trained in gel enhancements:)

Danielle, did you train with harmony? I'm booked for next month. It seems there are a couple of us that are a bit nervous. How long does it take you to do a set?
Spjelgus, it's with nail harmony, I'm sure things have moved on to protect the natural nail since I last had a hard gel product on my nails that ruined them. I know one of my ladies will need them as her nails even with structure are still weak and she likes them long!

Danielle, did you train with harmony? I'm booked for next month. It seems there are a couple of us that are a bit nervous. How long does it take you to do a set?
Spjelgus, it's with nail harmony, I'm sure things have moved on to protect the natural nail since I last had a hard gel product on my nails that ruined them. I know one of my ladies will need them as her nails even with structure are still weak and she likes them long!

That will not have been the product that ruined them dear but the technician that applied them or the way you had them removed:)

I haven't done the harmony hard gel training , I am trained in extensions though and decided to use their hard gel as I already use gelish gel polish , I literally only do my own and just do the odd one when they break so wouldn't know how long it would take me to do a full set, it's great though so strong, and the efile makes buffing them down so much easier :)

Danielle, my nails were really weak afterwards and until the nail plate grew completely they were brittle and splitting. I don't want to be the tech who ruins nails! thats why I believe in good training, and who better than the product makers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I trained in GHG to start with and I absolutely love it:)

As with all other hard gel options (non soak off) you will have to slightly buff the nail with a fine buffer but you will only have to do this once for every part of the nail. You will learn all about how to protect the natural nail on your course (if it's a good, reputable, harnony course). With the correct filing techinques you won't ever have to touch the natural nail with a file. As for removal i recommend e-file training as it will dramatically help with rebalances and removal, not only with gel but also acrylic.

If you want you can train in Brisa Lite with CND instead wich has a soak off builder gel. But if you don't learn the proper filing techniques you can do just as much damage with Brisa Lite as you can with a hard gel.

There will always be customers that need the extra strenght that enhancements products give so you will not regret having trained in gel enhancements:)

thanks, I will look into efile training. I was torn between the brisa training and ghg, but as I currently use gelish only, it made sense to continue with gelish products before looking into other brands.

Danielle, my nails were really weak afterwards and until the nail plate grew completely they were brittle and splitting. I don't want to be the tech who ruins nails! thats why I believe in good training, and who better than the product makers.

When I have seen my nail underneath since using the hard gel they looked quite healthy so no damage at all, there are a lot of butchers out there unfortunately and I wouldn't do any enhancement on a client unless I had been trained and had tried and tested the product myself and really believed in it :)

Ive just thought of something! Can GHG be cured with uv lamp as well as led lamp? I only have a uv lamp? I invested in the CND lamp as it gives me the option to add shellac in the future, and couldn't afford the 18g led.

Yes of course:)

It started as a UV-gel then the LED option was added. Your CND will be perfect.

Hi I too am looking at this course - for those of you that use an E File is there a specific place to purchase and train with these or is it also covered on the GHG training?

Latest posts

Back