Can anyone help with a training head question please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orbie

Reaction score
Hi im thinking of buying a training head so i can practise updo's, we didn't get much training on this subject many moons ago when i qualified and i would like to have a go to see if i can do it.

I googled it and found a few sites with them for sale but i have no clue which one to go for, all the different lengths are quite confusing, obviously i could trim one if it needed but has anyone had any experience with the ones with longer hair, and are there are any preferences for any one 'model'

thanks in advance xxx:)

Hi im thinking of buying a training head so i can practise updo's, we didn't get much training on this subject many moons ago when i qualified and i would like to have a go to see if i can do it.

I googled it and found a few sites with them for sale but i have no clue which one to go for, all the different lengths are quite confusing, obviously i could trim one if it needed but has anyone had any experience with the ones with longer hair, and are there are any preferences for any one 'model'

thanks in advance xxx:)

Hi, if you do a search above on the tool bar you should find some posts ,

but if not I would get a real hair one with some decent length to it
so you can practice all sorts of up do's without cutting it :hug:

thank you i tried searching on here but didnt find anything (i probably wasnt putting the right words in the search box lol couldn't think what to search for apart from 'training heads' lol)

I have noticed that some of them have the hair put in at different angles 45 degrees etc, and some of them are 90 degrees, remembering back to the heads we used in college im thinking one with hair at 45 degrees would be better, as it might go where i need it to better what do you think?

I remember the ones we used at college were almost impossible to style so i'm guessing they were the ones with the hair at 90 degrees to the scalp,:eek: although it seems so long ago all i remember is the smell of the darn things when they were wet yuck!

Hi, I am not too sure about that, I think I actually handled mine from salons direct first as they have some on display , so do sallys and it felt right for me so perhaps you could do that first , I would give them a ring and see if they can advize you some more and if they have any out on display so you can look at them first , or perhaps other geeks on here would know about the degree angles ,
personally 45 degree sounds ok , but.... maybe the 90% ones are far eaier to use as the hiar can go both ways easier , iykwim ?
but maybe other hair geeks on here who have trained more recently may know some more :hug: minky

45 degree is more of a natural angle to us...
the heads i have are from here and are a really good quality
i have cathie for cutting and have used jenny at college for long hair work and will be buying this one for spetember for my level as well as another cathy hth
Salon Products : Student Shop:

thank you everybody i'm going to buy some new scissors soon so maybe i'll see if they have any i can have a play around with first before i decide.

thanks again xx

Hi there...

I would recommend a brand called Pivot Point. This is their website but I'm not sure what Salon Suppliers stock them in the UK. I'm sure if you emailed them directly they'd be able to supply you with a comprehensive list of stockists? pivot-point.com/contact-us.html

If you don't go for these then have a good look around but always use model blocks with REAL HAIR.

Have a look at our website too you'll find some great online training videos and step by steps for Session work by Callam Warrington with many more looks to come!

Good Luck!

MHD x x x

Latest posts

Back