can i do nails as im not qualified?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey

Reaction score
hi guys!
im finding this site very useful!
i am currently qualified in level 2 and level 3 massage but i am doing full time level 3 nails this time!
i am wanting to start up mobile but my course doesnt finish until next year!
can i still carry out nail services but at a reduced price as im not yet qualified
thankyou!

I believe that as long as you tell clients/models you are still learning, reflect prices because of this and have student insurance you are ok. That is what tutors at college have told me, perhaps other geeks will know more. hth's

Hi Corey,

If you are not qualified in a subject, you cannot get insurance to practice it. Offering treatments whilst not insured could put your business at risk if anyone makes a claim against you.

The Guild offers Student Insurance whilst you are training, but this only covers you for case studies. If you would like any further information, please give us a call on 0845 2177 383.

do you mean that i can only get insurance for carrying out the treatments at college or can i get a student insurance for going mobile?
thankyou

do you mean that i can only get insurance for carrying out the treatments at college or can i get a student insurance for going mobile?
thankyou

Guild Student members are covered under the insurance policy when carrying out the following treatments for the purpose of case studies only: Aromatherapy, Baby Massage, Body Massage, Camouflage Make-up, Indian Head Massage, Make-up, Manicure & Pedicure (excluding the cutting cuticles), Manual Facials, Nail Extensions (Acrylics, Gel, Silk and Fibreglass), Reflexology.

The best thing to do is call one of our Membership Advisors on 0845 2177 383 who will be able to give you more information relating to your circumstances.

Hi Corey,

If you are not qualified in a subject, you cannot get insurance to practice it. Offering treatments whilst not insured could put your business at risk if anyone makes a claim against you.

The Guild offers Student Insurance whilst you are training, but this only covers you for case studies. If you would like any further information, please give us a call on 0845 2177 383.

Its making me wonder now, cos my tutors on levels 2 and 3 nails told us we were ok to practise, maybe its just family and friends not as a business. One thing they have said is to charge a little (around £5 to £10 for full set) to cover product costs.

I wouldn't recommend it anyway as a business because you need plenty of practise before going onto paying clients. I have passed level 2 nails and Creative L+P conversion and currently doing level 3 nails, but I'm not in my opinion ready for full paying clients. But thats just me and the fact I'm not able to work at the moment.

Last edited:
ok i will do that!
thank you!

Latest posts

Back