can i do this

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystals

Reaction score
i trained with vf21 lyte, but switched to gel, and have just booked a workshop day for some help with the gel. but was not trained to do gel.
so do i have to pass with the gel in the first place.

You must be qualified in gel before you can do it on clients, you probly already knew that but hey!!!

I'm sure if you give the beauty academy or where your doing your workshop day will be able to give you a straight answer if you give them a bell, but I guess if you do the portfolio for gel and show the lecturer that you can do gel you could get qualified in gel. This is what I want to do with fibreglass, as I can already do it, I asked my lecturer and she sed if we have time in one of my other sessions then if I show her I can do fibreglass and do the portfolio then she will qualify my at 1/2 the price of the conversion day!

Hope this helps you
xxxx

In my personal opinion, i would do some proper training with the gel you are using as some gels are thicker than others and need a different application technique to tohers. Plus all gels have different curing times and processes.

Also, when i did nail trainig in Gel, i learnt some new techniques with setting stones in gel and flowers and shells too, so its worth doing. A workshop tends to just sort out certain problems you are having after you have learnt the complete process. I hope this makes sense. Good luck.

i only practise on my sister, mum and daughter. was just sitting here thinking about it n thought my god im not qualified for gel nails, oh god anouther thought i trained with the vf21 lyte is this the same as just gel or not i no the teqnique is not the same. god im confusing my self now.

crystals said:
i only practise on my sister, mum and daughter. was just sitting here thinking about it n thought my god im not qualified for gel nails, oh god anouther thought i trained with the l&p gel is this the same as just gel or not i no the teqnique is not the same. god im confusing my self now.

No this is not the same qualification, there are 3 different systems you can get qualified in

• Acrylic (liquid and powder)
  • UV Gel
  • Fibreglass and silk
You must have seperate qualifications for each to be a)insured to do on the public and b)trained properly in each one!

Hope this helps
xxxxx

The vf21 lyte is completely different to a standard gel, i have used this and find it quite weird to use. Its almost a L&P which has to cured by a lamp isn't it?

I hope my memory serves me correctly, if i'm right you trained with Star nails? I also did my training with them. I know they are doing training a little cheaper in January at the mo, so maybe give them a call and see if they are doing gel courses. hopes this helps.

talented talons said:
The vf21 lyte is completely different to a standard gel, i have used this and find it quite weird to use. Its almost a L&P which has to cured by a lamp isn't it? YES THIS IS RIGHT

I hope my memory serves me correctly, if i'm right you trained with Star nails? I also did my training with them. I know they are doing training a little cheaper in January at the mo, so maybe give them a call and see if they are doing gel courses. hopes this helps.
YES I TRAINED WITH STAR NAILS, will give them a call and see what they say. thankyou

vf21 lyte is L+P! It just cures under UV like a gel does!

Once youve done your foundation course (which you have) you can then go on to do the workshops in gel, fibreglass, level 2 diplomas, and the troubleshooting workshops.

HTH's xxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back