Can I dry brush Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
As the polish bottles keep changing, I've realized the polish has also. I made a post about this the other day and find several people agree.
I shake shake shake like crazy, my clients are always laughing at me :)

Anyway, there are a few colors that shrink, like gel! O
The worst has got to be vexed violet! I have had i put three coats instead of two, which is fine, but usually I charge more for extra coats, and don't want to have to do this when it is not requested.
With Gelish, I obviously dry brush the base coats and this solves the shrinking problem, but is it ok to do with the Shellac has coat??

Newby alert! What is dry brushing?

Dry brushing is wiping over the base coat, it's something you do with gelish either with a brush or a tiny sponge, it helps the gelish to stick and not shrink, I will show you on Wednesday Hun :)

The beauty of CND Shellac is the fact that there is no faffing round with primers and dry brushing and all that jazz! Dry brushing or interfering with the core service will affect your result.

Stick with the system as it is meant to be used, Shellac is designed to work perfectly with 2 colour coats. Remember not all colours are totally opaque.

You need to ensure you are applying base coat correctly including swiping over free edge, this is what the colour coat adhere to and if base isn't on correctly that will account for shrinking.

:)

The beauty of CND Shellac is the fact that there is no faffing round with primers and dry brushing and all that jazz! Dry brushing or interfering with the core service will affect your result.

Stick with the system as it is meant to be used, Shellac is designed to work perfectly with 2 colour coats. Remember not all colours are totally opaque.

You need to ensure you are applying base coat correctly including swiping over free edge, this is what the colour coat adhere to and if base isn't on correctly that will account for shrinking.

:)

Just to add that you also need to make sure you scrubfresh the nail throughly including the free edge and just slightly under it .

If you don't do this step properly the base coat won't stick which as Jen says will mean the colour coat won't stick either.

I appreciate the feedback, nut I'm well aware of all the ro.derfil aspects of shellac, and have troubles with application, o do it all it all Fay everyday However, vexed violet ALWAYs shrinks horrible, especially the new bottles.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using SalonGeek

Well, the answer to your question is of course, that if you want to dry brush the base coat then there is nothing stopping you doing it. I personally haven't done it nor had to do it but if you want to do it then ... You can.

I only use Shellac for my UV colour so I am not used to all the messing about with things like dry brushing, nail buffing and primers ... And I wouldn't like to have to start doing it either.

Just give it a go, if its just the one colour doing it then I'm guessing its not your technique. Try it on yourself rather than a paying client first and see if you notice any difference. I use both shellac and gelish and by using the gelish most of the time I get into the habit of dry brushing, and catch myself doing it with the shellac. I don't find it makes any difference to the shellac at all.

Latest posts

Back