Can i get rid of my dyed black hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C the Results

Reaction score
Hi i am not a hair geek but a beauty geek! I have hair dyed black by my hairdresser, I am fed up with it and would like to change it - my hair is normally dark brown with grey :eek:! would it ruin it completely to have it stripped back? My hairdresser thinks it will and I am concerned as i once had a chunk of blonde put in my hair and it ruined it badly ( i straighten my hair a lot!) i don't want to wait for it to grow out as it will tkae forever and my grey is staring to show at the roots - can anyone advise me what i can do?
Thank you x

really wouldnt advise stripping it out, blacks a nightmare to shift, id say grow it out or cut it out, sorry:cry:

i agree.. or i would ask your hairdresser to go a shade lighter each time it will not all be even, but that way at least you can have ur grey covered while you are growing it out

hiya i have a client who is like yourself so instead of stripping the whole hair what i do is do the grey roots as normal then apply a few bleached highlights just to break the dark up and she doesnt need to get that done all the time only do the highlights every 2 or 3 times xx

I had a new client some time ago with home dyed black hair and like you was grey, i managed to strip it back to a 6, looked lovely after and condition was fine. Ask your stylist to do a strand test, she'll only need to lift to copper if you want to achieve about a 5, it may be ok with a gentle bleach bath xXx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

hi

my daughter dyed her hair black at her dads, then typically as a teenager did not like it. I used a bleach bath, and applied a 6.0 quasi , and it looks lovely now, back to her natural depth(6) xxxxxxx

I have the same problem. I really want to go back to my original colour /brown/ but worried the bleach bath will ruin my hair.

Latest posts

Back