Can I use CND Brisa on this extreme biter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrunchyChips

Reaction score
This possible client just sent me this photo of her hands and said she normally gets acrylic however I don't carry L&P. I'm trying to figure out if it's even worth sculpting a set of gel on her knowing that she possibly may bite and or having it come off on its own since her nails beds are sp short and the product is flexible .. I have had a client like her before and the gel just popped off like a bad Press On and I know everybody's nails are different but this does have me worried... thoughts ?!

Attachments

• 1488378989896.jpg
    1488378989896.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 112
You can certainly use Brisa, but warn her that if she continues to chew on them it's possible that they'll just pop off again. We aren't miracle workers!

Thank you .. how do you think the forms are going to fit on her fingers? The excessive amount of puffy skin arpund het free edge has me concerned.

I'd try with tips first to make my life easier.
If that doesn't help, then I'd try with forms.
I'd also work at 1-2 fingers at a time to set the basis, as I doubt forms would stay put for long on these fingers.

Really tips ?! I have tips with Wells though so they would be forced to sit and cover almost half of the bed which doesn't really offer strength .. I need to buy some tips without wells. I am currently using CND tips.

I have welless tips so that helps a bit as I can manage them more easily.
But it's probably not gonna work considering how small the nails are. So back to forms I guess...

I did mine the other day (have had an accident which cost me my nail) and it was worse than hers. I managed it with a form, but it was a disaster...!
I just couldn't get the form to sit properly! It wouldn't stick, or it would lift and pop out! Perhaps doing it with my left hand didn't help either as I'm right-handed. When I was done the nails look more like a ski jump than a curve, you know when the form goes slightly upward!
So then, after seriously considering my skills, I added another form and this one stuck better. It's like the skin subsided to its usual place once it had some cover, can't explain it any differently! Anyway I was working with acrylic, so I filled the gaps underneath, filed the top of my free edge to reduce its going upward and managed to form my apex curve nicely. It probably won't stay for long as I have no idea if the apex is built correctly, but at this point I just want it protected even if I have to redo it every other week. 5 days in and it's still here though so I must have done something correctly!

Anyway, I thought it might help you a bit or I would never have admitted that! How I can't stand my left hand... I swear sometimes it's like it's paralyzed!

Aren't those pictures of Greg nails from career nail education lol she uses acrylic

Latest posts

Back