Can I use L'Oreal Diarichesse after a bleach bath as a permanent colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Ive a client who has put a box dye on her hair a couple of days ago ,and is not happy with the results its come out Id say as a 10.1 , ashy, dull looking .Im thinking of going in and doing a bleach bath to remove the ash tone and was wondering if I can then go in and apply Loreal Diarichesse 8.3 as low lights ? She is now wanting to achieve this look below She is a base 6 ,I have taken a cutting for testing but wondered if this was the best way about going to achieve this ? Thanks .

Attachments

• IMG-20161020-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20161020-WA0001.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 109
I would use the Malibu c crystal treatment to help cleanse out the ash if it's just tone. I would then and do whole head of lowlights in foil with richesse 6.3 6vol roots drag and probably a lighter shade though mids 7.3 or 8.3 6vol and leave out the ends to give it a balayage feel.

Don't use richesse it's grabs badly on very light hair and the 8 will look more like a 6! Use dialight with 9vol for low lights and maybe with a little bit of clear if your worried it might grab. Or even a 7.3 in luo !

Don't use richesse it's grabs badly on very light hair and the 8 will look more like a 6! Use dialight with 9vol for low lights and maybe with a little bit of clear if your worried it might grab. Or even a 7.3 in luo !

Great thanks will remember that for the future

It grabs if the hair is porus it's fine to use richesse I use it all the time with great results. 8.3 is great for lowlights but I would not take it though to ends like I said I would leave them out as they will be more porus you can use 9.3 though mids and leave out ends. dia light is good too I find you need to go up a level as they come out darker. It all depends what you have in front of you and condition of hair ect.

Last edited:
Yes exactly coloured blonde hair is usually porous! Well whenever we've used richesse in the salon for taking a blonde down a level or two darker it has always gone too dark. Richesse is for going four levels darker without pre pig and dia light for going two. Use whatever you feel comfortable with but many of us have had bad experiences and tend to find even the darker colours in richesse grab quite a lot.

Just need to treat the porosity and condition of the hair before colouring or use a lighter shade or half the development time. There is nothing wrong with the product it's how you use them.

Yes they are better than majerel after a bleach bath i think x

Latest posts

Back