Can someone give me some tips for a wedding demo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
I have been approached by the local council to do a nail & beauty demo at a wedding fare next month. The trouble is, as i have only been mobile for 8 months, i have never done one before & have no one to ask how to do this. Can anyone give me some tips on certain things please.
* What do you demonstrate
* What products do you use
* How do you set up.
It is going on from 5pm-9pm. I was thinking of demonstrating a pedicure, a manicure & 1 french acrylic nail, 1 natural acrylic nail, 1 french painted varnished nail, 1 pale pink varnished nail with wedding water decals. Do you think this is too much? Do i wait for someone to ask for a certain demo then demonstrate.
Also, would i have to take one of these foldy down mobile tech tables that you can buy table to work on & some white paper. Also should i be offering some products to sell. I plan to have my flyers on show.
I have done a demo before, but it was a cooking demo.
Is there a website or pics anyone has to help me out a little bit please. All ideas welcome.
I am really excited at the thought of this and what it can lead to in my business.
Laura.x.:rolleyes:

Hiyah

I like the sound of what you are prepared to demonstrate, have you thought about enquiring if someone in your area have any display boards that you can use to put posters on, price lists etc... ( I ask my local volunteer centre as they have equipment to hire out in return for me to do their nails) also instead of buying a foldable nail table how about a wilko's pasting table with a crisp white tablecloth on with half of the table covered in confetti and a vase of fresh flowers with a little water with pearls at the bottom of the vase and place your business cards and flyers on etc.. and then work off the other half of the table, you could also offer a special offer of £5 off if they book in with you on the night of this event.

Hope this helps

Good luck, it sounds fabulous :)

Check with the venue, as some provide tables for you, but i would advise you to take your own tablecloth so that you stand out more. Demo's are fantastic, but just keep them short and simple as people dont like to hang around too long at one stall.

Do some nails on tips and display them nice so that those who haven't got time to watch all the demo's can look at those (my dad made me a display board for mine, but he put holes in it so i could pop the nails from my trainer hand on so that i can change the display as i like)

I dont take products to sell as its mostly about them getting in contact with you, but i do display my manicure/pedicure products, (i also do hair and makeup so i have bits of makeup & those dolls heads with hair designs on them)

Either set out your business cards and price leaflets on the table, or maybe put them together in a type of gift bag or tie them together with ribbon?

I will try and find the pics of one that i did for you. hths

Just seen your from worksop, i'm only down the road lol xx

Thanks for the advice peeps and i now have a good & clear idea of what to do & what to expect. I will have to get preparing now with some of these great ideas that you`se have given me.
What a small world Lil. That would be great if you could let me see some pics of what you did. Would really help.
Thanks again,
Laura.x.

Thanks for the advice peeps and i now have a good & clear idea of what to do & what to expect. I will have to get preparing now with some of these great ideas that you`se have given me.
What a small world Lil. That would be great if you could let me see some pics of what you did. Would really help.
Thanks again,
Laura.x.

This months scratch mag has a 3 month plan for preping the bride for her big day, it talks about weekly manis and pedis for the bride and her brides maids, pamper gifts for the bridle party, not to forget the mother and mother in law, and not to let the groom get away with not having a manicure, who wants a photo of the rings if he has bitten plates of meat.
Home maintenance was also gone over and not to forget or over look the honeymoon.

Just take everything hun, be prepared. The last wedding nails I did I got half way through gel by doing 1 hand in gel and my bulb blew!!!!! I had to do the other hand in L&P!! ahhhhhhhh. I took my time and you couldn't tell but was so scared. I now make sure I take everything.

Latest posts

Back