Can unqualified people order MINX?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Effect

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm sorry if this is not mean for the nail section. But my friend who is a hairdresser and not qualified in nails at all, is very jealous and wants to do nails. But she see''s it as I should kind of tell her all my CND training so she can just get the knowledge and go train on friends etc and not listen or pay for training.

She has just informed me that she didn't want to buy minx off of myself and has made an account on minx nails.com and is ordering a load to do at home :eek:. Is this even possible? Obviously if it is I'm a little miffed as I thought you had to be qualified in Manicures to be able to order it and even though she will do a bad job, I will lose some clients to this. Anyone know if there is a loop hole through the minx nail website?

Last edited:
We ordered from Minx.com at the beginning of last year (there was no distributor in Sweden then) and it didn't ask for evidence of qualification. In reality - it's difficult to do. Someone somewhere in the world could just create a false diploma on a PC and send that in - who would know?

But look at it like this - does buying a set of expensive hairdresser scissors mean that you can do her job? Most likely she'll make a complete mess of it and give up.

minxnails.com dont ship to the uk. I just tried it to see, maybe she's been shopping on fleabay?! If she has she'll be paying lots of money for them and wont be making much profit xxx

Thanks girls Ive just tried too and it didnt let me. I recon shes got as far as registering and text me to gloat but hadnt realised it wont let her. Im expecting her to either 2fob me off" with some excuse for not having them or buy them off of fleebay.

I know her application would of sucked, I would of just have to of stepped my game up by making sure my application is top notch at all times. I was just more concerned about my clients hearing of this and buying it off of there themselves x all is sound in my mind now though :hug:

Deary me .. do you guys not know or trust your distributor enough to know that this would not happen?

Sweet Squared are the exclusive distributors for Minx in the UK. That means that Minx USA would NEVER ship to the UK where they already have appointed a great distributor for their product.

Seems to me that you and your 'friend' have a jealousy thing going on here and she is trying to 'get your goat' ... and she's succeeding. People with her mentality NEVER prosper. Don't take any notice. If she ever wants to get anywhere in our business she'll have to do things the right way or she'll go down the pan like all the others who think they can short cut the education or have some 'clever' way in through the back door.

Latest posts

Back