Can you do a brazillian blow dry on bleached hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
Hiya

I run the beauty side in a hair salon. We have been discussing
new things we both want to introduce in the salon this year.

I mentioned about brazillian blow drys but the other girl was under the impression that you cant do them on someone with bleach through their hair.

She would like it done but has a full head of bleach. I would also like it done if she started offering them but my hair is brown after being a full head of bleach but Im going back to blonde in the next week or so gradually.

She said the only down side to brazillian blow drys is there is no training, you basically buy the kit then get on with it! At least with training you would get to find out the do's and dont's with it.

Can anybody help advise us please. And also what is a good brand to buy? We had a wee search through some but there are so meny out there we are unsure what is a good brand and whats not. Or are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks!

Hi , I use the Brazillian blow dry in my salon and it is safe to use on bleached hair. If the hair is fragile turn the heat down , while running the irons through , you can see the hair change, dull to more shine, if you dont see a change turn up the heat.
I did my training in Capital hair and beauty in Carlisle, the course included the kit.
Get in touch with your local Capital store or even Salon services/Sally

Oh I didnt know they done training for it! Thanks for that I will pass it onto her :green:
I cant wait till she can do it so I can be her ginea pig hehe! She will also be pleased as she would like it done!

Thanks for all your help its much appreciated! :green: xx

i was under the impression with bbd it shouldn't be applied to overly processed or over 40% bleached hair, i know colour wise up to 20vol of a permanent colour is viable. I use another system but isnt this deemed as unsafe? forgive me its late but do you have to apply generous amounts to equalise the porosity and lower the heat setting to control it on bleached hair then? xoxo

My friend and I test run a few different brands and in the end we went for Global and have had fantastic results with it. They send you a training CD but to be honest its a very simple procedure and you basically get the best results when you take time. they also have a helpline if you need to ask any questions. :)

One of my friends is the sales director for Kerastraight and I have been lucky enough to have had this treatment done for free a couple of times. I have sat through her presentations/training sessions a few times and have picked up a few things. This product works best on the worse the hair is, so the more bleach or knackered the hair, the better the result is - it strengthens and straightens the hair up to 3-4 months. My hair no longer goes frizzy when I walk the dog in the fog or light rain like it used to. I have recently gone from dark brown to blond and have had 3 sessions of blond hi lights and my hair is shiney. The process of application is very easy - I am not a hairdresser, but I think I could do it! amazing!- have a look at their website

Sue

i was under the impression with bbd it shouldn't be applied to overly processed or over 40% bleached hair, i know colour wise up to 20vol of a permanent colour is viable. I use another system but isnt this deemed as unsafe? forgive me its late but do you have to apply generous amounts to equalise the porosity and lower the heat setting to control it on bleached hair then? xoxo

I was under the same impression. We had a lady come into the college to show us how this is done and us tutors noticed it faded the hilights and colour

I have a full head of bleached hair - almost white - and I've had the La Brasiliana treatment. My hair is glossy, shiny and strong, and very easy to dry now. I'm not a hairdresser but a very happy client!

Thanks for the help girls :green:
Will pass it all on! And hopefully be able to offer it soon!

We use the Keratin Complex in our salon and they do a treatment designed for blondes.
its lighter in colour so that it doesn't stain or dull your blonde, and we turn the heat down on the straighteners to 400 and don't pass over the ends too many times!

Latest posts

Back