Can you dye hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallspring

Reaction score
Hi Geeks...

I had Celebrity Elite Bohyme Hair Extensions fitted yesterday and have a small problem...

My hair is very thick so I decided to order and extra batch of hair to take to my Extensionist, but my problem is this... My consultation with my Hair extensionist was after I had just dyed my hair so she ordered one colour (2) then I matched it about 2 weeks after and ordered another (3).
We put them both in and I feel I have a definate line between them with colours...

I wanted my hair a little darker anyway, is it ok to dye over them.
My hair is a medium brown now and I want it dark brown...

Please help me... As you can probably appreciate I dont have the money to spend on a pro hairdresser now, but my sister is great with hair and feel if I had a little advice from yourselves we could correct this.

Awaiting your genius responses.

S...

Hi Geeks...

I had Celebrity Elite Bohyme Hair Extensions fitted yesterday and have a small problem...

My hair is very thick so I decided to order and extra batch of hair to take to my Extensionist, but my problem is this... My consultation with my Hair extensionist was after I had just dyed my hair so she ordered one colour (2) then I matched it about 2 weeks after and ordered another (3).
We put them both in and I feel I have a definate line between them with colours...

I wanted my hair a little darker anyway, is it ok to dye over them.
My hair is a medium brown now and I want it dark brown...

Please help me... As you can probably appreciate I dont have the money to spend on a pro hairdresser now, but my sister is great with hair and feel if I had a little advice from yourselves we could correct this.

Awaiting your genius responses.

S...

Hi, its not good to dye the extensions to match your hair, it is always better to do it the other way around and then get it matched up like you did , or try getting your own hair tinted to look the same by a hairdresser ,

if you dye them after they are put in you will be dying different types of hair , eg... the dye may suck up the dark brown on the extensions and go way too dark or they could go patchy ,

your own hair and the extensions are all different shades of brown , and you have two different batches in as well,
that makes three different shades in your hair already

on the other hand it may be ok if a professional did it , but I really wouldnt chance it
I suppose if you really wanted to go ahead , you could ask a hairdresser to to do some test pieces first , but be warned it could still go patchy , :) x minky

http://www.salongeek.com/hair-tutorials/72256-hair-extension-aftercare.html

we found that quazi colours did the trick, but usually took two applications. the hair tends to have been treated alot, so never try to lighten them, they will jus disintegrate,. . i also suggets washing them with a clarifying shampoo first to remove any residue from any treatments it may have endured before u got it. .

x

Thanks guys...

I have dyed a little bit of hair that was left over and it came out really well without washing it first or using special dye, so think its gonna be ok...

What do you think?

Personally I wouldnt. The methods and products that are used on cut hair are extremely different to those we use on our heads! Chances are that the result will be unreliable and patchy but there is always a possibility of extreme chemical reaction.

Latest posts

Back