Can you put a toner on magma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppy

Reaction score
hi everyone im new to the forum,am a freelance hairstylist,so i really miss talking to each other when your not sure,or just getting ideas for things,does anyone use magma,i really like it esp the blonde,i have used it on a client the other day and she has a 4/0 all over then i went thru and did a whole head of highlights with 89 +, i thought it lifted up really nice,but shes thinks it looks to ashy compared to the dark,i put about a million foils in,so she not happy did it last week and she feels to dark and dull,so next week am going to lift some of the dark colour out with magma and was just going to tone it after to a warmer blonde,can you put toners over magmas,will call the wella help line this week and see.Again im correcting a home job,why did i saw i could do it,its more headache and worry then its worth,and it always seems what you know looks nice they think its not,and they would prob not even notice if the colour was uneven in places,when we just want it to be perfect,and also they dont understand that you cannot go dark to blonde overnite and of course your hair will feel a bit dry,but put a bloody good treatment on it take care of it but they dont,never again im not taking colour correction on at home and i will now worry till i fix it,a hairdressers job is so stressful i think sometimes people think we are miracle worker,sorry about my rant guys:D

i am with you all the way on the rant xx

yes u can tone over magma. tgry the wella color touch relights....they r great for this sort of thing. what are people like colouring their hair themselves. do you find the magma blondes are great? i only ever use the reds but really should try the blondes. mostly get people wanting ashy blondes so do u think this is a good investment for salon?

HI

I took the full magma range on tbh i don't really bother with it anymore just gone back to bleach and toner.

Although I did like it when you weigh up the cost bleach is more cost effective. JMO

yes u can tone over magma. tgry the wella color touch relights....they r great for this sort of thing. what are people like colouring their hair themselves. do you find the magma blondes are great? i only ever use the reds but really should try the blondes. mostly get people wanting ashy blondes so do u think this is a good investment for salon?
Funny I've not used Magma for a while but I was the other way round to you Kimi, loved the blondes - especially 89+ - but was never so keen on the reds, thought they looked great but found them very unstable and fast fading, prefer majicontrast from L'oreal...

But anyway, yep the ash blondes especially are well worth a play with, as long as you don't over fold your foils as I found the pigment over-concentrated in the folds, and have to be uber-careful about overlap as it will go really purple on any pre-lightened bits!

hey yeh the blondes are really good much more even and not such a hassle as bleaching and toning,i think really worth investing in,dont know why more salons dont use it

Latest posts

Back